Topic: Magnanimously moronic things said to me since diagnosis

Alex and I were speaking the other day.........and this came up, I thought this topic would be a good start for the humor board.

Here's my favorite "magnanimously moronic comment", said by the raidologist......

"Don't worry Tricia, liver biopsies generally are not painful at all"  LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Magnanimously moronic things said to me since diagnosis

That radiologist obviously never had a liver biopsy!

BC&BS on refusing to pay the $5,000+ bill for the anesthesiologist during my 10 hour surgery.

"The surgeon could have done it himself."

(The hospital was dumbfounded and a year later BC&BS paid the bill)

Good one! 

Peter wrote:

BC&BS on refusing to pay the $5,000+ bill for the anesthesiologist during my 10 hour surgery.

"The surgeon could have done it himself."

(The hospital was dumbfounded and a year later BC&BS paid the bill)

People who hadn't seen my dad for awhile would come up to him during chemo and say:

"Gosh are you sick?"

Well, duh, he has no hair!!!!

Hi TXGal,
You made a post on another forum about radiation treatment at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. Do you have any more information about this? I have tried googling all the keywords and I still can't find out anything more.
Kind regards
Patricia

Ok, now that my hair has grown back and the wicked Tarceva rash has disappeared........I walk into the pizzeria near my home last week and what do I hear from the owner..........
"Wait, u look familiar.............oh my God, your the sick girl!!  Wow, u look great since the last time I saw you, you looked terrible then"
He looked even better covered in Pepperoni and pizza sauce and the Dr. Pepper I threw at his big greasy head.....((no, I'm not sensitive smile)
Love and kisses,
The sick girl

If you got a dollar for everytime a nurse said "I'm Sorry" do you think we would be rich?  Ha!  I know I would'nt be doing to bad right now.  Nothing against nurses,I think they are the backbone of the chemo world for sure. My Hat is off to them. It's just those darn needles.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

After Ken's surgery at Stanford and during his first visit with the Oncologist here in Reno,  The doctor just shook his head and said to Ken "You're a strange duck!"

After fighting severe jaundice and weight loss for 2 months, and the procedures for placing stents through my bile ducts I finally started to recover from the jaundice, a very slow process for some of us as people here already know.

The biopsy proved what I already suspected and I was fighting to find an appetite after a 75 LB. weight loss.  It was all I could do for weeks was to sit in my Lazy Boy and to take small walks outside.

During a visit one Saturday by my sisters brother and his wife he asked me how I was feeling and told me how 'recessed' I looked. His final comment though was the 'coup de gras' when he asked me " Are you exercising every day or not?"

Moron!

Yeh right, I run 5 miles every day just to keep tuned up. Ha!! What part of cancer don't you understand? LOL!

Good thing I can laugh about that one or else I'd just cry.

My personal favorite...

"What's your prognosis?"   

I often reply, "I don't know, what's yours?"   >: P

Not long after being diagnosed as having CC I went into the office one day to find someone else using "my" computer. Everyone felt uncomfortable whenever I was in the office, unsure of what to say to me, unsure of how I was taking things. I like a laugh and have a "black" sense of humour so in as loud a voice as possible told the "offending" computer user that they didn't even have the decency to wait for me to die before taking over from me. A couple of the guys laughed, most everyone else seemed shocked, then laughed nervously. But it broke the ice, let everyone know I wasn't morose or down in the dumps. Being able to laugh at yourself or rather the CC helps.

so, I went to the dentist the other day for my check up.  It's a small family operation and so I let them know what is going on.  Honest to God, the new hygienist came in to do my cleaning and asked "do you still want your flouride treatment or should I just skip it?"