Topic: On Good Authority "Heaven is Beautiful"

I have told this story before but have been taking care of my 93 yr. old mother waiting for Assisted Living, and we were talking about this yesterday. I just felt the urge to write it again, especially for anyone who does not believe:
My dad at the age of 93 had gall bladder surgery. Came home and was fine. The next day he went in to a very deep, peaceful sleep. We could not wake him. I called the paramedics and they could not wake him. They did the infamous breast rub and he jumped awake. Mom sat on the bed and said, Norman, I was so scared you wouldn't wake up!"
At this point I have to interject that my dad believed in nothing he could not explain. Heaven, magic etc. He also was not very descriptive.
He answers mom, "I just had a beautiful dream, I saw Heaven." We went to ER and my daughter joined us there. She said "Grandpa, I heard you had a dream."  He said, "Yes, Robin, I saw Heaven and it was so beautiful." He came home and passed the next day. If I never believed before I sure did after that.
Heaven is Beautiful!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: On Good Authority "Heaven is Beautiful"

thanks for posting that, Lainy

Lainy,
   Wow - what  a comfort, for your family and for all of us reading this now.  We are still here alone, without them when our loved ones leave this earth, but at least we know where they are, and that they are in a beautiful place.

Thanks for sharing,

Joyce

Ohh, Jen, why thank-you. I cannot stress enough how my dad would have never believed this himself. It is so true! Do yourself a favor and see if you can find Sylvia Brown's first 2 books.  She is a psychic who believes in the after life and honestly I had a fear of death until I read her first 2 books. She now has like 36.  Whether its true or not, we have not been there and back, my dad almost all the way, but her books gave me such comfort I have no fear at all.  I am also a firm believer that those who have passed are all around us in spirit. There are a lot of hints if you are just open to them. Dad helped me twice last summer. And that is why I always say a mother/father never leave their children. I think that a lot of what we feel is not the fear of someone passing but the fear of them suffering. Thanks for posting this story again. I feel good when I can just make 1 person feel better.
P.S. Now I know you are really reading your way through. Way to go girl!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

90 Minutes in Heaven and also Heaven is Real by Don Piper were suggested to me and were also very helpful to me.  Yes, please be open as the signs are there even though they are not always very apparent or what you are expecting.  It is all very comforting and like Lainy, I no longer fear death.  I see it as a new beginning.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.