Topic: PBS Special - Discoveries in Alternative Medicine

I am a strong believer in western medicine. When my dad was diagnosed with cc I was so thankful that we lived in a large metropolitan area that offered so many treatment options and doctors to consult. One of dad

2 (edited by daddysgirl Tue, 04 Aug 2009 12:29:22)

Re: PBS Special - Discoveries in Alternative Medicine

Thanks for the info, Bazel.  I, too, have appreciation for the wellness approach to overall health with respect to alternative, holistic, spiritual, etc. treatments.  My mom has Parkinson's Dis., and she would be excited to watch these specials, as well.  We aren't a huge 'get a pill to fix the problem' type of family.  Too many, often unnecessary, chemicals in the body doesn't seem 'natural'.  (Mind you, we do use medication as needed, insulin for diabetes, etc.)  side note:  My brother in law successfully manages his diabetes through diet and exercise, meditation without need for meds for over 20 years. 

Anyway, thanks for the info.  I absolutely will look for this special on PBS.

Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Bz....thanks for mentioning this interesting PBS special.  I am looking forward to it being aired everywhere.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I'm going to a meeting about acupuncture tonight.  I'll let you know what they say.