Topic: Results are Almost Done

Had the CT Scan this morning and got the word from the Gastro Doc at 4PM. I have a solid mass 5X6 cn and it has wrapped itself around the outside coils of my intestines. Next step is a biopsy (to be scheduled Monday). The good news is there is NOTHING else anywhere. I am trying to be realistically optimistic. The strangest part is accepting that this has happened to the both of us. I just cannot thank you enough for all your kind remarks, it just means so much. I will keep you updated. I am really OK. For some reason I just felt this was going to happen. I get these weird premonitions but usually don't listen to them. Its all just so surreal. But, it is what it is and we will persevere.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Results are Almost Done

Dear Lainy
               What a shock for you.Good luck with the biopsy,I hope it is something fixable.I know you have good family and friends includin g the ones on this site.It is always a mixed blessing to know the ropes a bit.
           My love to you and your family   Janet
            ps  hope your mother is ok,I know what UTIs do to the oldies

Lainy,

I will be hoping for the best results on the biopsy.  Know that you are in my thoughts & prayers.   We will all be waiting for what we hope will be a good report.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

wow, not sure how I missed this thread but many prayers are being said for you.  Just , wow.

Dear Lainy,
Must you really share everything with Teddy??  (Kidding!)  Please keep your good positive attitude going.  Sending hugs and prayers.
Peace,
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

Lainy,

You are in my prayers.  How are you feeling?  The other day you mentioned how much pain that you were in, I hope that is better under control.  I thought about you all day yesterday.  I know that this isn't an easy time for you or your family.  Your attitude about everything is amazing.  We have seen from the experiences with our loved ones that there is so much out there to help us.  I am praying that this is just a little bump in the road and they will find out that this is nothing, and easy to take care of.

Big hugs to you and Teddy,
Amy

I'm doing ok. Slept in this morning. I am usually up at 5AM got up but went back to sleep until 830AM. Not doing a thing today. Just mentally adjusting. Got a note from a friend who said she knows several women who had this same thing and it was benign, removed and that was that.  We shall see after the biopsy which will be scheduled Monday.
Karen:  That REALLY cracked me up as my daughter calls us "The Wedding Cake Toppers". I know I am being repetitive but you are all the BEST! P.S. the pain comes and goes, nothing I can't handle with just a few deep breaths. I really hate taking "stuff".

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy;
I'll be saying a prayer for you on Monday. That is interesting that your friend knew of other women that had the same thing and it was benign. I'm gonna think positive that it will be the same with you. Take care of yourself and God Bless,
Jamie

Lainy....that also is what I am focusing on.  It is local and can be removed.  You know that I am sending all my fondest thoughts and wishes your way.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Dear Lainy, just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you. My heart feels heavy to think of you not well .... I'm praying for good results on Monday.

Tess

Lainy,
In my thoughts and prayers. Good luck on the biopsy...and I really hope it doesnt hurt. AND although you hate taking "stuff" sometimes what the doctors give is GOOD stuff. Confession, when I am at the hospital and I cant sleep, I fake the amount of pain I am in and get a morphin shot. Instant sleep for me...dreams of pink elephants a bonus. smile Do I sound like I might be on the Michael Jackson path?

And let me not forget the wonderful valum I was given when I was rediagnosed and started to have panic problems and huge crying episodes. They were magic. smile

Goodness I do sound like a druggie...

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Lainy,

I just posted in the other thread and now I see this one. This is pretty crummy and I am sorry you are having to go through this and being poked and prodded. I am still betting on you vs. biopsy.

Patty

Well, you are the nicest druggie I have ever met!!!!  Talked with my girlfriend who had a liver biopsy and I remember now she felt nothing. They numb the area, numb the patient and go in guided by the Scan. Its really a no brainer, I have had worse with my back.   I don't take drugs of any kind except my diabetes stuff. Can't handle them and don't like the way they handle me. Must admit thought that when they put you in twilight its really a good sleep.  Daughter and gang coming today. Grand kids are 20, 17, 15 and 13. They are awesome. I must admit I have faked the level of pain as well if I thought just maybe they think I am not hurting that much. Hope you are feeling good, I think of you mucho often!

Good luck on the biopsy today.

Much love and prayers going your way.

Lisa

Thanks, Lisa, but today is the day I just talk to the gastro man. Hoping to set it up for this week. The sooner the better. Good news is I lost 15 LBS in 2 months! That I like. Don't like the burping like a truck driver, the bloat and some pain. Hope you are doing good and have made some decisions on how to proceed with what you need to do, ie, house.

Lainy,
I am the Queen of gas...burping, tooting, and bloating. Mine are all very stinky so when I am feeling evil I will shoot them towards Hans and giggle like a five year old. He Loves it...not really and car rides are always exciting.

Oh, when will I grow up?
kris

I hope you never grow up!!! OK, so I just changed your name again....Peter Pan. I know the stinky stuff from Teddy.  No kidding there are times I want to cry its so bad. I really think his though is mostly from when he eats the bad stuff. But, when I try to gently remind him I get the Sicilian evil eye!!!!  I have now told him he needs to ask himself before he eats something he shouldn't if its worth what he goes through after. So, Peter Pan, with red hair..pink silk sequined boxing robe and pink leather gloves.  Fits you to a tee or tea!

Funny Lainy,
My coworkers called me Peter Pan...I wonder if playing hide and seek in the shop when there were not any customers was a little OTT. I guess I dont take things seriously in life, just my cancer and health. Sometimes my husband gets so frustrated with me and of course that makes me cackle all the louder. It is hard to imagine, but I was a debutante and a sorority girl, but I am now really a mixture of a 5 yr old girl in love with fluff and pink and a 11 year old boy with all the dirt and silly sense of humor. But it keeps me feeling young and distracted from the poop that is this cancer.

Kris

And I say, you go girl!!!!  What ever way you are you have already inspired a ton of people!  We all love you!

hang in there lainy...we are sending prayers and good vibrations your way ....wont give you any suggestions because you are all to familiar with whats going on already....lucille and i are sure this is going to turn out to be o.k......prayers lucille and ron