Topic: To Our Friends Celebrating The High Holidays

WISHES FOR THE HIGH HOLIDAYS

May God make your year a happy one!                                                 
              Not by shielding you from all sorrows and pain,
                     But by strengthening you to bear it, as it comes;
              Not by making your path easy,
                    But by making you sturdy to travel any path;
              Not by taking hardships from you,
                    But by taking fear from your heart;
              Not by granting you unbroken sunshine,
                   But by keeping your face bright, even in the shadows;
             Not by making your life always pleasant,
                  But by showing you causes that need you most,
           God

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: To Our Friends Celebrating The High Holidays

Thank you, Lainy. 

For you and Teddy:
'Ketiva ve-chatima tovah'.

L'shanah tovah!
Jolene

(I hope I got it right)

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

WOW! Good job! Thank-you. Teddy will sing in my choir all weekend then go to his church, St. Steven's on Sunday morning and ask forgiveness!!! smile:) Actually the choir director there want us to join his choir as well. We shall see when I am all healed. Can't get too much of that holy insurance you know! I have seen prayer work wonders. We like to say that we are all going to the same place, just taking different paths to get there.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Amen!  A perk of being a military brat is that you get to meet many peoples and cultures, which to this day is one of my passions.  Happily, having so very many cousins, aunts, uncles...we are blessed by many different cultures, beliefs, ethnicities right in my own family.  (that's where I got help with the spelling of my new year's message to you).  Our family reunions are similar to festival of nations! 

Sing loud, sing proud this weekend!  Rock the heavens!

Shalom,
Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

You are too funny!  Since we have a second marriage with 6 kids between us and many grandchildren, we too are a united nations. In fact our kids think they are really blood related, we are very fortunate. My 4 grandchildren out here are gorgeously Amerasian. My brother was married to an Israeli. Teddy's family is Catholic but one son is a Jehovah's Witness. I have one grandson dating a girl from Poland. One of the best parts though is all the different soul food from matzo balls to meatballs!