Topic: Haven't Posted For Awhile
Well, I haven't posted since my mom's initial diagnosis. Her CC was staged at I back in March and was found incidentally when she thought she was have a heart attack. When they ruled out cardiac etiology they did a CT to see if it was gall bladder. They found a tumor in in her liver. She has since found out she has CC.
She had two rounds of theraspheres to the site. The medical team decided based on her scans that she the tumor had shrunk enought for resection. Two weeks ago she had a liver resection. They took 2/3 of her liver. She made a return trip to the surgeon this week for the path results etc. When they got inside they found that she had two tumors in the liver. One of them was completely necrotic, the other was wrapped around the main artery to the liver. Luckily her surgeon also does liver transplants, so she was able to get both tumors out. However, the path report showed that on one very small part of the tumor there was not enough margin.
She saw the oncologist this week and they're not quite sure what to do next. They mentioned radiation/chemo or do nothing and wait to see if the cancer recurs. She goes back for a scan in 2 weeks and then the medical team will regroup and come up with a plan and proposal for additional treatment. The physicians at this point think she is a star pupil.
Anyone else with a similar story?????