Topic: WAY off suggestions!

I think I have been spending too much time dreaming about my garden but how about this for a wacky, but interesting suggestion...
How about having our own rose? New roses are developed all the time. We could contact a rose company and see if they would be willing to sponsor our rose and name it something like CF Hope (CF for Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation) and see if they would donate something like 25% of the profits to the foundation. I think the Loch Lomand Park in Scotland has something similar. I know that I always try to buy things that support cancer now that I have cancer so I am sure people with lung or skin or whatever cancer would be interested in buying it too...particularly if the rose was as beautiful as this organization.

I think a nice yellow rose (wasnt yellow one of "our" colors) would be nice. And one of those roses that keep coming back and offering HOPE all season long.

I told you it was an out there suggestion!
Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Re: WAY off suggestions!

Not wacky at all.  Would you like to contact a company? 
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Yellow was part of the original message board theme, but the official colors are green and brown.  I can make a brown rose in about 4-5 days, Kris!  smile 

I do like this idea...what about a tree?  I need to call my former University and ask them if they are working on anything particular, and how difficult it would be to convince them to name it after us.  They are always mutating up random plants and animals to create new species.  Heh...we could have a mutated goat!

30-something caregiver

Well I am so sorry Sara, but a green and brown rose is just icky. I want HOPE not ick. smile Trees are good too. Anything that brings forth life and hope. It has to be hardy, strong and beautiful. And by the way, I have a special affinity for goats so a mutated goat sounds fantastic...perhaps it could be some type of miniture one that got no bigger than a cat. Sign me up for one of those!!

Marion, if the foundation agrees, I wouldnt mind doing the research and looking into it and writing the letter and everything. It has been about 12 ago, but I took a whole course on grantwriting and approaching people to donate things when I was doing museum studies. So it isnt too foreign to me, just tucked way back in my memory!

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Great Kris.  Let's work on it some more.  You will receive e-mails real soon.
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

OMG Sara, you cracked me up 'cause I can kill an artificial plant!

Kris I believe yellow roses also represent "friendship".

I also like the tree idea. Good, everyone has their thinking caps on {and no I was never a teacher with that remark.}

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.