Topic: Meet Marion!
Listen up Chicagoland CC Fighters!
This is Patty in Chicago and I am looking to set up a Chicagoland meeting when Marion will be in our toddlin' town for the ASTRO conference from Sunday, Nov. 1st to Thursday, Nov. 5th. Come meet our very own rock star, she will be signing autographs!
Marion is able to meet in the evening and is staying downtown. I am available whenever and wherever. What day is best for people? I think 7pm would be the earliest since Marion finishes at the conference at 5:50pm.
Here are a few options for the 'where' part:
1. I can host a dinner at my mom's house, located in Jefferson Park on the northwest side of the city, 1 mile from the Nagle exit on I-90 and 2 miles from the Wilson exit on I-94. If we do this, it would be nice if someone could provide Marion with transportation.
2. We can meet at a restaurant, perhaps closer to downtown, and I can give Marion a ride.
3. I can arrange to use the meeting room at the library where I work in Cicero, 1 mile from the Laramie exit on I-290 and a few miles from the Central exit on I-55. I can give Marion a ride if we do this.
4. I can try to get the meeting room at the Chicago Public Library that is closest to where Marion is staying, it is about 3/4 mile from her hotel. Forgot to ask if they allow food and this will be necessary as there will be haggis, Ron is sending it over fresh! I can also give Marion a ride if we do this.
5. Someone else's better idea?
If you are in the area and want to attend, let me know what works best.