Topic: Wig shopping

Wig shopping was NOT fun at all. I have a "prescription" for a wig which means I have to get it at specific wig/hairdressers. I am so disappointed with the selection at these places. Where are the wigs for people my age? Everything was for the over 70 crowd or those who go for the truck driver look. Not that there is anything wrong with either, but neither is me.

I have roughly 1000 dollars to spend in a year. I was originally going to get 2 microfilament wigs now and 2 later. Now I think I am going to blow it all and get one human hair wig that can be cut in a younger style. Synthetic hair wigs cannot be restyled, only cut so you are pretty much stuck in the style it comes in.

However, human hair is heavier and not as comfortable and you have to style it.

Anyone have any insight? I think my original decision to wear scarves and huge earrings is going to be my day to day choice.

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Re: Wig shopping

Kris,

Here is a link you might want to check out.

http://www.headcovers.com/

Our lab manager ordered several things from this site.

hugs,

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Kris..I like caps and I wear caps in many different styles and colors.  You can use attach a string of hair (real, or synthetic) to the bottom, inside of the cap and either, wear it as a long ponytail or, just let it hang loose.  You can do the same on the sides of the cap, also.  You can do the same with scarves but, I agree, the long earrings are a fantastic idea.  If you have to use your prescription then I would take advantage of what they have to offer and cut things to your liking.  The strips and clips to attach can easily be ordered by internet.  If you can't find it...let me know and I will pick some up for you. 
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I truly LOVE the idea of colourful scarves & huge earrings, Kris.  I've seen your picture on "Faces of CC" & you're so elegant, I know you'll look fabulous!!

I know a friend spent all she could afford on the best wig possible, during chemo for breast cancer, & she said it was the best money she ever spent.  So I think, if you want a wig for "specials" blow all you can afford on a gooood one.

Jx

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Kris,
My grandma wore wigs for a few years.  At first she hated the idea of it, but after a little while she had so much fun picking out different hair styles.

How about a wig like this one
http://www.internationalwig.com/Product … e=BJ_Raine

This is one I would get.  I have been trying to get my hair to style like this forever!!!
http://www.paulayoung.com/Berry-Human-Hair-Wig.html

There are some EXPENSIVE wigs out there, I had no idea.

Good luck!
Amy