1 (edited by marions Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:30:08)

Topic: Clinical Trials workshop

Today I attended a workshop on cancer clinical trial research and I would like to share with you the following:

A few things stood out mainly, that a clinical trial may not always benefit the cancer patient involved in a particular trial and that generally, it is requested by persons with stage IV disease.

There is a need to test the drug interventions in humans as in many instances; it works in animal models but not in people.

There are 4 phases in the process for new agents.

Phase O is to see if the drug to be marketed to people who don

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Clinical Trials workshop

Thank you for this info, Marion!!

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Marion,
Happy to see you were able to attend the workshop on Monday.  The information you keep giving this organization is awesome.  It was very special to spend some time with you Sunday evening.  You are an amazing woman.
Peace,
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

Marion,

Many thanks for this information, and indeed for all of your efforts.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Karen...I enjoyed meeting you very much too.  Nothing beats having personal contact.  If the Coalition of Cancer Coopertive Groups will invite me again to attend a workshop in Philadelphia, I will make sure to meet up with you again.
Much love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER