Topic: Cool is when....

Cool is when you come home early from work because you allowed your brain to "tail spin" and got yourself all blue in the gills during a "pity party" only to find your niece put a photo on her Facebook of her and her brother wearing the cool CC Foundation bracelets you sent them.

Sorry, that was one BIG long run on sentence, but I just had to share smile

Re: Cool is when....

That is truly a thrill. We have a few friends where we live wearing the CC bracelets and every time we see them it is a thrill. You just don't feel so alone.
Love a story like this...thanks.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

That is cool! You know Hans wont wear one? He says he doesnt like to feel jewellry on him. Turkey butt. I wish he would. I bet seeing your neice and nephew with them makes you feel their support.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

4 (edited by Linda Z Thu, 03 Jun 2010 22:31:06)

You know Kris....ask Hans to put it around a water bottle. 
That's what I was doing for a while when I couldn't wear the bracelet or just plain forgot it at home, or whatever.  I keep a few around to give to people and had one at work so I just put it on my water bottle.  That way everyone could see it there (I always have water on my desk) even if I wasn't there.

Scarman-
It is really cool when you see others "involved" in some way bringing awareness to CC.  My sister-in-law asked about getting some wrist bands and I told her that I had some.  The next time I was with my family, everyone had one on!.  It WAS great (and cool!)  If it sparks a conversation about CC, then maybe someone else can be "saved" by early detection.

Linda Z.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

When wearing the braclets I feel connected with everyone touched by this cancer. Tomorrow I am leaving for Chicago (ASCO) and I will be handing out plenty more.
Just love your stories. 
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Where do you get the braclets?

7 (edited by marions Tue, 09 Nov 2010 17:28:51)

kilyamangthorns.....thanks for asking.  To order wristbands:
top bar...left side...
home..
right hand side of screen
green tab
order wristbands
scroll to bottom
left
Please, let us know if you need help.
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER