Topic: House, MD

Anyone catch House? First time I saw Klatskins tumor mentioned on a tv show. PSC was also discussed.

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Re: House, MD

Hey, Kris, way over yonder! That is wild. I didn't see that but the night before my surgery I caught a Hospital show, can't remember the name, and the patient had my GIST Cancer!! We are even in the TV shows now! Hope you are feeling good.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Kris,

I saw it too.  Was surprised and happy to hear it mentioned and getting some attention.  It's a start.  I watch House all the time.  Also love Monk!  smile

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

hi to everybody...it has been a while since i last posted anything......had a case of bad depression and the blues (funny, my wife is the one who is ill and im depressed)....i wish i had her attitude its so uplifting... im very upbeat around her but when im alone my mind starts to wonder and thats when things get their worst for me....her condition remains the same, blood tests every 2 weeks show no elavation but actually a slight decrease in her makers.... i quess thats the power of prayer and the xeloda seems to be doing what it is meant to do.....since my last post we have purchased a new home by the ocean(something she wanted to do,i was a little leary but went along with it)......its funny how this home at the time needed very little work, now all of sudden, according to my wonderful wife, needs a complete overhaul....that brought a little smile and laugh to me, something thats been missing from my life.....so as you can imagine we have been busy buying and fixing, and fixing and buying.....my only prayer is that god lets us enjoy our new home together....im sitting here staring at the computer screen and im having a hard time trying communicate and there is much i want to say....maybe ill do better the next time until then i hope and wish everyone on this site well, you have been a blessing for us....so you all have the best THANKSGIVING DAY that you possible can.......ron and lucille

Ron,
What you wrote is exactly my fear for Hans. Hans and I have a psychologist and she is very helpful. We take turns meeting individually and jointly.

Enjoy the new house. I want to live on the beach too. The sounds, the smells..it must be uplifting. Besides, it gives your wife a focus other than cancer. That has to be good.

I am glad Lucilles numbers are going done. Fantastic news!

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Hi Ron & Lucille, so good to see you!!! Congratulations on the new house. Sounds like you have enough to keep you busy for awhile. Ron, after Teddy's surgery we had to buy new furniture for the whole house. I understand "buying" goes along with the post surgery. When you think about it, its a form of new beginnings. But I wonder why it's continuing with Teddy after 4 years???
As for depression, why wouldn't Caretakers get depressed? Sometimes when I am alone I just loose it. More so lately than before. We spend so much time with our theater masks on sometimes we just have to let go.
Wishing for you a wonderful ocean side Thanks & Giving Day!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

7 (edited by marions Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:05:23)

Ron....your wife's attitude coupled with the lower tumor markers is infectious.  A house on the beach is my dream also.  I am so happy to hear that you were able to acquire your dream house.
Many times while focusing on our loved ones battling a disease we don't allow ourselfes time to tend to our own needs.  This accompanying link will lead you to the Caregivers Bill of Right and reading it has been helpful to many myself included.  Your feelings are valid and need to be addressed.  Lucille is moving forward and sometimes, it is us, those who care for our loved ones, who end up getting stuck in our thoughts accompanied by a feeling of lonelyness.  Don't forget about our great Dr. Giles.  In addition to all of us relating to what it is your are experiencing he is a great resources when it comes to finding some answers and validation for our feelings. 
Here is the link: www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=3473.
I can just smell the ocean when thinking of your great, new location.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

thank you marions for the link, i read it now when i need to.....thanks lainy and kris for your well wishes, im sending them right back at you and to every one else......your right the sounds and the smells of the ocean are very calming....thank you again.....ron and lucille