Topic: Sardina's Nursing Home Update!

I went to my GP yesterday to get him up to date and aboard on my "team:"  My sugar count was one of the best I ever had. I am holding my weight at  130LBS, so that is still a 26 LB loss and love that. He suggested I get a  book called, "Anti Cancer" by  Steve Schreiber and I saw it was recommended  many times on our site. He also upped my Vitamin D to 5,000 a day and added Green Tea pills. He is very in to Naturopathic. It can't hurt. Oh and he told Teddy to  take the stuff as well.  I do have a UTI and he gave me an RX. I told him I will be coming in every  other month for LABS for the Oncologist. For terrible headaches I have been having (I think they are sinus)  he said he wants me to get my carotid  artery checked. That the same artery that you get pain from with sinus is  also the one for migraines and sometimes you don't know which one you are really having. He wants to make sure that artery is open and clear. Good  thought. Now I am done with him until February. What he lacks in personality  he makes up for in brains. The insurance company declined the Radman request for Teddy's PET Scan in  December. I got a letter Friday. Called the Radman Monday and he had already  called the Insurance company and got it OKD. Guess that is why we are so  complacent here at times as we have the best taking care of us. Teddy's shoulder/arm is finally getting better. Sorry for the long post but I felt some of my GP advise would be interesting for some of you.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Sardina's Nursing Home Update!

Lainy....your posting is very interesting.  I tend to agree with the approach of the Naturpath.  Have you been suffering from sinus headaches for quite some time?  By now the insurance company must have some idea as to who they are dealing with when denying requests for treatments or, as in this case, for a scan.  No stopping Lainy and rightfully so.
Hugs to both you and Teddy,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Lovely lady:  Just overnight about 10 days ago I woke up with what I thought was my one and only Fall migraine. I now believe it was sinus and I have had headaches for 10 days all day. GP had put me on fish oil for migraines and they stopped except for 1 in the Fall and 1 in the Spring. The thing is, a lot of my friends are suffering in the same way, this Fall. But my GP put a new twist on it now. I am wondering if its a reaction to the anesthetic except that was 6 weeks ago. Ever day brings a new doctor visit or call for an appointment. Still, I am thankful and blessed that we are both here and next week is my favorite holiday!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,  sounds like you and Teddy are in good hands.  I like the idea of natural, homeopathic methods in partnership with medical treatments.  I am so very glad you are both doing well after the recent past concerns that you had.  It only goes to prove what you always say: ATTITUDE is everything! 

Best to both,
Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Hi Lainy,

Thanks for the update from the Sardina nursing home! And your posts are always interesting! Sorry to hear about the headaches and the UTI, I hope your doc can get on top of these. And what a stupid insurance company, thinking they can get one over on you, Teddy and your team! I would have thought that they would have worked it all out by now and that saying no ain't gonna work!

I hope you enjoy next weeks holiday.

My best to you and Teddy

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.