Topic: scalp pain

I am having sever to moderate scalp pain. Think a mixture of sunburn, sore muscle and a bruise and you get the type of pain it is. I am sure it is chemo related but I cant find anything about it on the internet. It is 3 am and I cant sleep because it hurts to lay down and have pressure on my scalp.

Any suggestions? I am going to take some ibruprofen. Anyone else with this experience?

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Re: scalp pain

What drugs are you taking?  I have similar sensations and am taking sorafenib.  I have been told I can take 2 x 25 mg of benadryl every 4 hrs to reduce this.  If it gets to your face you can use benadryl cream or steroid creams.  Also, a mild-drandruff shampoo may help your saclp.

Good luck.

If all this fails then a dose reduction may be an option.

3 (edited by devoncat Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:34:38)

Re: scalp pain

I am on cisplatin and gemzar. I talked to my doctor about it and she didnt think it was anything to worry about. No benadryl in Sweden so perhaps I will have my sister bring some when she visits.

It has calmed down a lot and is now more of an annoyance than sever pain. I feel a little silly complaining about it though. I have not thrown up once on this regime and it has been so easy. I feel ungrateful to complain about something so small when there are others really struggling with vomiting and weakness.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope