Topic: HAPPY CHANUKAH

To our friends celebrating Chanukah, the Season of Light & Dedication:

May Love & Light fill your House & Heart. May the LIGHTS of CHANUKAH usher in a better World for all Mankind!             Brightly yours, Teddy & Lainy:):)

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: HAPPY CHANUKAH

Have a wonderful time, Lainy. 
Much love to you and Teddy,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks Marion.  I am anxiously awaiting word on the appeal from the Radman.
When I called his office the middle of November to ask about the first request the girl told me that it was approved 2 weeks before! I waited until the 1st of December and got no word so called again.  She said she was sorry she had misread it and we were now denied. Monday of this week the 8th the appeal was sent in. I called today and the gal said oh, it could take a month. I said we can't wait a month, the CC is there and has been growing since September and the last time there was a denial, the Radman got it put through in a week! I asked to talk to the Radman and am waiting for his call back.  So will let you know what is up. IF nothing happens I will call the Oncologist Monday who said he would help. My gut is telling me that this is all NOT right. I am sure its the office help and not the doc.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy.....if it had been done once before I don't see why it can't happen again.  Hopefully, the radiologist will clarify this and come through for you once more.  Sometimes the staff is not completely informed and will give standard protocol answers. 
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

lainy, lainy, lainy  -  happy Chanukah to you  and i know you have plenty of lights at your home :-)

geez, how long does it take to get an approval?  i feel really bad for you and teddy.  i just had an mri on monday, a pet/ct on wednesday, and a colonoscopy yesterday (still fighting the darn pain).  blue x, my so called insurance, sent me another one of their infamous form letters stating in capital letters and bold print that the pet scan "is a certification of medical necessity only and is not a guarantee that benefits will be paid."  we shall see if i have to appeal this one to the state.  on top of that, my treatment center is having billing problems (they are changing to a new system), so i get doubled billed and sometimes more than that. 

i'm pulling for you girl, please tell teddy hi for us.

with love,
barb h

Barb, the frustrating thing is T had 3 PETs this year and all was ok. All of a sudden CC is not on their Cancer list. Its all such a crock and in the meantime plays havoc with our patience. Patience? Heck, I never had that to begin with.
I am sorry to hear you are still in so much pain. Keep smiling, like you do! Say hi to the family.

Oh my God, I can't believe what you have to go through!!  I may snipe at the NHS but I'm finally beginning realise just how incredibly lucky we are.  There are LOADS of delays (e.g. my sister had a pre-chemo baseline scan 4 weeks after chemo started) but no one has yet said we can't have one at all.

I send all the good luck I can muster for a GOOD response SOON.

In the meantime, I send you much light & loveliness for a happy Chanukah.

Julia xx

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Lainy,
Happy Chanukah to you! I now must go listen the the Adam Sandler Chanukah song on youtube to put me in the spirit.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

LOVE that song! Its hysterical.