Topic: Why Am I Not Trusting?

We got a call from Teddy's ONC last night that the Radman called him and told him the good news and he was very happy. So while both doctors are celebrating, why do I feel I am not trusting this? To me yes, its good that we have a 3 month reprieve but on the other hand 1 tumor is outside the liver the other is next to the kidney. What if the shrinking reverses. I know, I know take
the better news and run. I guess we have just been through too much for me to think things are that easy. Any suggestions how to overcome my thoughts?
Remember T has done nothing at this point for this shrinkage to happen.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Why Am I Not Trusting?

Lainy...I can so well relate to your feelings of mistrust regarding Teddy's diagnoses.  I did have to learn though that this cancer really never allows us to let our guards down.  Finding the balance of letting go of the fearful feelings or, simply living with it is not easy but we all know how unpredictable life can be and some happenings simply cannot be controlled by us.  There really is nothing that you can do for the next three months other than cherish the good news you have received so far.  What a wonderful way of entering a new year this is.  Something helped me to cope with ambiguous situations in that I allow myself a specific time each day to focus on the particular issue followed by hours of simply pushing it out of my mind. (Well, at least I try.)  I know that it is easier said than done and not always I am successful at it but anything over 50% allows me to focus on the other 50% and the pleasantry of life.  Hang in there.
Big hugs coming your way,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Why Am I Not Trusting?

Thank-you for that, it makes sense, of course. I usually don't get like this so guess it was overdue. Perhaps I am just tired getting ready for Christmas Eve. I have discovered that 6 or 70 guests, doesn't matter, the same amount of work is done!! Right now we are having a huge wind storm and rain to come. Of course I knew that would happen after I washed down outside Sunday and did the windows too! On to COSTO!  Have a great family event Thursday! LUV

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.