Topic: Happy New Year to you all!!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to wish you all and your families a very happy new year. I hope the new year will be good to us all and may it bring you everything that you want.

Whatever you are doing this Hogmany, I hope you have a good one.

Thanks to each and every one of you and my very best wishes for 2010 to you all.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Happy New Year to you all!!

Hi My Dear Friend across the miles. Wishing all the same for you! I have been counting my blessings a lot lately. Teddy's non explainable shrinking tumor (although it looks like he is shrinking with the tumor!). My quick recovery from surgery and hoping for the best. The many friends I have made on the CC site
that proves to me love knows no bounderys. My 2 kids and 6 grandchildren, in school excellent and socially fabulous! I am blesses for a life that was full of learning experiences and I learned. The only thing left is to wish for Health for all and World Peace. Teddy & I send our love to you all!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Wishing everyone a better year than 2009! Even if you had a good one, life can always get better.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

All the best to you Gavin,I have Scottish neighbours  on 2 sides but luckily they were quiet this year and the piano accordian wasnt brought out       Janet

5 (edited by Katieloumatt Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:09:32)

Gavin,

Wishing you and your Mum a peaceful and healthy 2010. It's got to be better than 2009....

Katie

PS Have you still got snow? Here in Manchester it's finally gone, although it was -5 at 6.30 this morning on my way to work. No fun!!

Hi Katie,

Yep we still have the snow here, and tonight it is meant to come on heavy again. The pavements and roads right now are a nightmare as the council have run out of grit and salt. Right now, the pavement outside my mums is covered with about 2 inches of hard packed snow and ice. And seeing as the day time temps are not getting above freezing for the last 2 weeks, it has not melted at all. And this weather is expected to last for about another week or so! Think I've had enough of -10 nights and all this snow and ice!

Hi Lainy,

I hope you and all your family had a good new years! And I hope that the good news continues for you both this year.

Hi Janet,

Quiet scottish neighbours at new year! Now that is quite rare I would imagine! I guess it could have been worse if they were playing the bagpipes and playing them badly!

I hope you all had a good one and my best wishes to everyone.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Happy New Year to you, too, Gavin!!  We're "snowed up" again in London but I do still blush about our weather problems when I think of you all up in Dundee.  No doubt there's an extra snowflake or two up your way wink

I do hope 2010 is a happier hear for you & your mum.

Julia x

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Hi Julia,

Thanks for that. Yes we have had lots of snowflakes up our way and we are expecting temps up here tonight of -20 and it is cold! And I saw on the local news earlier that some of the local farm buildings have been collapsing due to the amount of snow lying on their roofs which has been there for about 3 weeks or so. Even in Glasgow the river Clyde has frozen and we are having our worst winter for 50 years. And this is expected to last for another 10 days or so!

Hows is your sister doing with her chemo? I hope she is doing well and that 2010 will be a good year for the two of you.

Best wishes

Gavin

Thank you!!  After a bad session last week, she breezed through this week's again.  Upsy-downsy but overall both of us are nicely optimistic smile big_smile smile

Keep warm up there!!

Jx

Hi Julia,

Thanks for that and I'm glad that your sister breezed through this weeks session. And I'm loving the fact that both of you are optomistic! A positive attitude and all that is always good to see!

And I see from the news tonight that you are due for a wee bit of snow tomorrow! Trying my hardest to keep warm here but my wee electric fire is struggling big time!

My best wishes to you and your sister.

Gavin

11 (edited by Lalupes Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:43:35)

Thank you!!  We've been C-O-L-D here again (I may be a Yorkshire Lass by origin, but I'm a wussy Londoner these days smile)  Is it any warmer up your way now??

Roll on Spring!!

Hi Julia,

Good to hear from you! You being a Yorkshire Lass I would have thought that you would have been used to some cold winters. Perhaps you've been down south too long! Wussy Londoner indeed!!

Yes it has warmed up here a touch. Now the nights only get down to freezing and not the -10 that we were getting for the last month or so! The snow is all gone here now and we are left with potholes in the roads and buckled pavements. The snow and water freezes in the cracks in the roads and pavements and then causes the ground to expand and buckle and everywhere is a mess right now. But at least the snow is gone! Although it is still only January and I have seen it snow here in April before, so we are not out of the woods yet!

Roll on the spring indeed!

Best wishes to you and your sister,

Gavin

Minus 10???  Oh good grief!!!  I don't think my brain can take in a minus in double figures wink

Hi Julia,

Yep the double minus's were getting far too much for us! But just as one nightmare ends, another starts. Our building roof has been leaking and it turns out that the roof is pretty rotten. And it is going to cost about

Sounds like you guys get Wisconsin type winters there in Scotland!  Typically Wisconsin has VERY cold weather in January, anywhere from -20 and up!  This year however, we've had unseasonally warmer temps!  Even our snowfall is down from normal years...but I'm not complaining!  Helps with the heating bills if nothing else!

Margaret

Gavin....it appears as if short of the house falling down you have experienced everything possible going wrong with your living environment.  You have acquired enough knowledge to open a small business somelthing like:  If it breaks....call Gavin..
Hugs coming your way,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Margaret,

Yes this is the worst winter that we have had here for 50 years and it is still only January! It does indeed sound like we are having a Wisconsin winter here in Scotland! I live in Dundee and we are about 60 miles or so north of Edinburgh on the east coast of Scotland. And being that we are right on the coast, we miss a lot of the snow, but not this year! Further up north in the Highlands, they still have the snow and are due to get more. I dread to think what my electricity bill will be for this quarter, as my little electric fire has been working overtime!

Hi Marion,

Yep I sure have had enough of builders for a long time! A bathroom re-fit, burst water tank and now a badly rotting roof all in a few months. This one is the worst though as it involves having to get multiple builders quotes and dealing with the local council's environmental health department. That means legal notices, forms and a lot of other stress! And also having to deal with the 7 other owners in my block to sort out payments etc.

Arrrgh again!

My best wishes to you and Margaret,

Gavin

Good luck with the Builders - & with the other owners!!  What a nightmare!!

Cheers Julia, I think I'm going to need it! All of this building work over the last few months is costing me a packet and I could really do without it. Oh well, thats my moaning done for the day!

Best wishes

Gavin