Topic: Good news with Gemzar+Cisplatin

My brother just finished his first round of chemo with Gemzar+Cisplatin.  He received a 10% reduction in one direction and 16% reduction in the other direction, for a total 25% area reduction.  Not sure why they didn't measure the third dimension, but it seems like the volume reduction might be even higher.

His surrounding lymph nodes also went back to normal.

We're not sure how long this we'll keep up, but it made a very nice Christmas present.

Re: Good news with Gemzar+Cisplatin

Hello surf2kona....this is the news we love to hear.  Welcome to the board and for sharing this great development.
Indeed, this is a wonderful present.  I am wishing for continued success and am looking forward to many more of your postings.
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Surf2kona
That's excellent news about your brother's treatment.  I start my 1st chemo session on 15th of January (Oxaliplatin + Gemzar) and hope for similar results.

Gerry

Hi Surf2kona,

Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing this good news with us. I hope you will keep coming back here and I hope for the good news to continue for your brother.

My best wishes to you and your brother.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

This is great news, Surf2kona - I hope you get more & more & more good news & please come here to share it with us.

Julia x

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."