Topic: After the Burns night-Australia Day

Its Australia Day today,a big holiday here with lots of fireworks

Re: After the Burns night-Australia Day

Oh, I have to see if I can find something on the internet.  Are you celebrating?
Best,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Tell us more. What do you do? Are there specific foods? Is the day for family or friends and family?

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

4 (edited by magic Tue, 26 Jan 2010 05:30:06)

Oh it is a big day at the beach .It is for everyone but the young party it up  bigtime.Now the foods are damper(a type of bread)pavlova,lamingtons a bit of lamb on the barbie.Joel was adept at making these foods because he was the Australian and a pretty good one.Me and my family,we are migrants! But of course there are fireworks on the harbour as there always are.
Also there are Australia day awards and the Australian of the year award went to a psychiatrist working with young adults-pretty good I thought      J xx
sorry for the ramble

Well, Happy Burns day, Mate! I love lamb & fireworks so that sound good to me. Enjoy! Also nice about the psychiatrist.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Janet,

First Gavin with Burns Night and now you with Australia Day.  I feel like I am really learning a lot of new and interesting customs and celebrations.  A day at the beach, a barbie & fireworks sounds good to me right about now!  Enjoy!!!!!   smile  smile  smile

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Hi Janet,

I hope you enjoyed your Australia day celebrations today. I saw some of the fireworks from Melbourne on the news here today as they seemed to be happening during the Murray/Nadal tennis game.

A day at the beach with barbecued lamb sure does sound good to me!

Best wishes

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Party on the beach, fireworks and barbecues sound like such a good time. I also liked Burns night, Gavin - until I looked up the receipe for Haggis - got to admit - sounds nasty!! We are learning a lot though - cultures and customs of the world.

Joyce

Hi Joyce,

As I said to Darla, if you read the recipe for the haggis, it really doesn't do itself any favours in selling itself. Oh but the taste is so good!! But I guess I need to work much harder in convincing you all!!

Best wishes

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.