Topic: Just bought skiing equipment

We went to the thrift/charity shop in town and got skis, poles and boots for under $10 and they are in GREAT condition. Hans and I are hitting the slopes (well tiny hills) in the morning with some friends. Cant wait. Last time I skied, I fell halfway down the slope, took out the orange safety net and had the emergency skiers come check me out. Lets hope I do a better job this time! We are really making the most of this time before surgery. We are hopefully heading to Glasgow on Tues or Wedns. to see friends and that little godson of mine. Amazing how things get put into perspective.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Re: Just bought skiing equipment

Hi Kris,

What a bargain, all that skiing kit for under $10! i hope that you and Hans have a great time when you hit the tiny hills in the morning! And I hope you have more success with it this time than you seem to have done last time!! It sure does sound like you are making the most of time right now and that is so good to hear.

I hope you and Hans make it to Glasgow this week to see your friends and godson and enjoy your trip! All the snow in Scotland is pretty much gone just now and I am sure that it is not as cold here now as it is in Sweden, but it is still cold though!

Have a great time and my best wishes to you,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Kris, that all sounds so wonderful. Don't kiss the slopes but please kiss the godson!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

4 (edited by Cherbourg Sat, 06 Feb 2010 17:55:34)

Be sure and wear the red coat so you'll be visible if you fall.....lol 

I love to hear about you and Hans having fun!  Oh and don't forget to make the godson "rotten" before you leave him!

Hugs, love and prayers continue!

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Pam, dont you worry. My godson will be so rotton by the time I leave it will be disgraceful! I am  so excited about seeing him. I talk to his mother all the time on the phone and I can hear his little baby sounds in the background and it takes all my strength not to melt from the cuteness of it. What cracks me up is babies and puppies make the same cooing sound.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

they certainly do!  I just spent some time this weekend in Greensboro with my Daddy and saw my son and daughter-in-law and my granddog and grandcat!

Have a blast on your trip!

Hugs,
Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.