Topic: CC Awareness Month Hits Kalmar, Sweden

Hans took foundation bracelets and CC awareness cookies (round sugar cookies with white background and green ribbon frosting) to work today. I must say we are very proud of how the cookies turned out.

During coffee break, Hans explained about the month and the Foundation and the upcoming symposium/conference on cc hosted by the one and only fabulous CC Foundation. One of his close coworkers lost her mom to cc last year so she was very touched by everything and happy that people are carrying the flag forward.

Hans office is so versed in cc between me and this coworker that I know they are going to spread the word.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Re: CC Awareness Month Hits Kalmar, Sweden

Kudos to Kris & Hans! Way to go and the cookies do sound tasty and in very good taste! Thank you for making people more "alert" as we know the World needs more LERTS!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hey Kris - that is fantastic!  Do you have any pictures of the cookies?  Could we do a writeup for our Loose Leaf blog?  smile

30-something caregiver

Sure. Of course we took pictures of the cookies. I will have to get Hans on it because getting pictures off the camera and onto the computer is a mans job (only because I am computer phobic and cant be bothered to figure it out!)

Kris

I think mowing the lawn and shoveling snow falls under man's work as well.  Oh yeah, and smashing and picking up the scary, flying, tree roaches that seem to set up camp around Texas.

30-something caregiver

6 (edited by devoncat Wed, 24 Feb 2010 03:32:42)

Man jobs are numerous. They all fall under the "I cant be bothered" umbrella. If it requires too much work, I call it a man job. Look at me setting the womans movement back 100 years.

Hopefully, here is a picture of the cookies.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 … 1279482748

I tried hard to get a "bile green" green.

Hi Kris and I loved the picture of the cookies. They turned out so beautiful. And I could have taken a bite! They really look good, you must be a good baker. I can bake but my presentation is not pretty like yours.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

What a great idea!  Mind if we copy?

Great cookies Kris.  You gotta love um!   And I'm sure they taste as good as they look!  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Thanks everyone. We had such a good time making them. We made so many that we ended up sending some home with a friend for his children. Apparently she cried when she ate them because they were so good and then cried when  they were all gone. She then called us and despite being only 3 said in English that she liked the cookies and wanted more. We laughted so hard. So we are going to give her parents a "date night" and go over to their house and make some cookies with her while they are out.

If you are interested...
This is the cookie recipe
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2055/no- … ar-cookies

This is the icing recipe
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sugar-Cook … etail.aspx

And we substitured lemon for the other flavors used to give it a more "fresh" taste.

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the pic of your cookies, they sure do look most tasty indeed!!! I am sure that they will have been enjoyed by all!!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

hi everyone,

on a lighter note i just wanted to say that we are expecting our fourth major snow storm today, as a matter of fact its 4a.m. and the snow is falling, we are expecting another 18 inches.... the first one left us with 27 inches, the second and third with 18, old man winter will not release his grip on us.i think lucille and i will make a snowman today, have some hot chocolate or maybe a irish coffee(yes that sounds much better) and make a few snow angels, sounds like a game plan ....dont you cha think..lol.....
     when we first moved here, oh maybe 5 months ago we were shopping in the local mall and ran into one of our neighbors, some how the topic of weather came up and our neighbor looked my wife right in the eyes and said the good thing about living near sea is that "we never get any snow" the very next day bang 27 incnes...lol well enjoy your day and thank you for listening to me ....lucille and ron

Ron - I am in upstate NY and they are predicting a "snow hurricane" today! Never heard that prediction befroe - up to 74 mile an hour winds, they say! I will probably stay home and bake some of Kris's great cookies, with a fire in the fireplace.

Joyce

OMG! In Phoenix today it is supposed to be 70o but I tell you after reading your posts I am just chilled! Think kI will have a cup of cocoa and salute you brave winter warriors!

We got our snow again yesterday & today it is frigid.  Luckily we didn't get near as much as the rest of you.  I think we all need a trip to Phoenix!  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

70o, I can't even remember what that feels like!! About 30 miles from me they have had 50cm of snow yesterday and are getting another 35cm today! In the Highlands, they have had the snow on the ground constantly for 3 months now and all the main roads in and out of the area have been closed by the police so they are virtually cut off from the rest of the country. And we are still getting temps down to -19c at night and there have been avalanches this week on some of the hills! This has definitely been the worst winter in decades here!

Yes Darla you are so right, a trip to Phoenix sounds like a great idea right now!!!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Northern California is bracing for another rainstorm with snow in the Sierras.  I am not allowed to complain because, living here, water is the most precious commodity and rain is to be welcome at all times.  Count me out.  Enough is enough.  Enjoy your cookies and warm fire.  I am readying the raincoat and umbrella.
Best to all,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Well, come on guys, anytime. It's sunny and 68 today. Darla, I am so glad the Tundra is behind us.  Marion....yes we also needed the rain and we had out of town company for 6 nights and it rained every day all day! That is when the indoor Swap Meet is handy!!!

Well it is 80 here but it is the last few days of summer so thats pretty mild

Janet....I am on my way.
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Me too!  And don't forget, we could also swim in the warm, healing pools.  smile

"One Day At A Time"

Well,I cant swim in the pools with my bad knee ,I am water walking only.The sea temp is 24c or ?75f,some people are used to hotter heated pools but I love the sea

Janet,

The knee is still bothering you?  I hope it will heal quickly and you can swim in the pools before it gets too cold to do so.  75 sounds good to me, as it is still so cold here.  Looking forward to spring & summer.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"