Topic: Emedicine - Overview of bile duct tumours

Hi all,

Found this today and thought it worth posting. It is a 5 page overview of bile duct tumours and covers a lot of information. It covers topics such as staging, scans, treatment and complications.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/189843-followup

Thought it worth a read, especially for newcomers to the board.

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Emedicine - Overview of bile duct tumours

Good overview Gavin!  Thanks for posting this!

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Re: this great article: our upcoming web conference (Tuesday morning) will discuss a clinical trial for adjuvant therapy with chemo Gem/Cis plus radiation. 
Thanks Gavin,
Best,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Pam and Marion,

Glad the article was of use. I won't be able to attend the web conference Marion so will it be put onto the website at some point so that those of us who can't attend can watch it later?

Best wishes to you both,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.