Topic: May Be Time for Miracle Man to put on Some Boxing Gloves

Teddy has had what we thought was Bronchitis and last Friday an Urgent Care doctor put him on a Z-Pack. He stopped coughing but today was so weak and tired he did not eat but slept all day until about 200PM. He had bad chills and a fever of 102.5. He was so weak I could not take him myself to Emergency so called an Ambulance. They feel he has some kind of viral infection and put him on levequen (sp). With that said what was upsetting were his LAB results. In just 2 weeks everything has gone crazy.
Billirubin   went from .5 to 3.2
AST  259  and ALT 249  Normal is 30     I noticed his eyes were ever so slightly tinged yellow.  So now we just have to wait until tomorrow afternoon for the PET results from last week.  I will update you all when we get home tomorrow.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

2 (edited by marions Mon, 22 Mar 2010 22:19:18)

Re: May Be Time for Miracle Man to put on Some Boxing Gloves

Don't like the lab results either and wishing for a good explanation for all the happenings.  Hope for both of you to get some rest and give Teddy a hug from his girlfriend.
Sending tons of good wishes your way,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Marion, I am really worried this time. And in just 2 weeks! I am thinking, but not telling T, that the small tumor near the liver went in. I don't know. Or between December and now he got more tumors. I just read up on ALT and AST (didn't have to use it before) and I think we are headed in that direction.
Again will know for sure tomorrow. Thanks for your quick post. LUV YOU!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Oh Lainy I am sorry Teddy is not well.I dont like those numbers of his either and it will need some sorting out,at this point you just dont know though.Give Teddy my very best and I hope this is not to stressful for you            Janet x

Oh my... I am sorry to hear this Lainy.  Please know that you will both be in my prayers tonight, and positive thoughts and vibes are with you... good luck tomorrow with the results.

Jen

lainy....sorry to here teddy isnt feeling well......who knows, the numbers may be off because of the viral infection....keep being positive and as hard as it is dont let your mind wonder....sending alot of well wishes to you guys.....lucille and ron

Lainy;

We will be keeping Teddy in our prayers.  Hoping that they can resolve this quickly for you guys.

Go with God and KEEP KICKIN'

Margaret

Lainy and Teddy,

I am sending you prayers, warm wishes and hugs!  I hope by this afternoon you get some answers and that Teddy is feeling better.

Let us know how things go.

Hugs,
Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Lainy,
Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way for Teddy and yourself.  Both of you are such fighters I am sure the outcome will be good.
Peace,
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

Lainy,

I too will be thinking of you and Teddy and hoping that you will get some answers soon and that the results will be good.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Lainy,

Sorry to hear that Teddy is not well. Fingers crossed for an improvement on his blood results ....

Katie

Hi Lainy,

Sorry to hear that Teddy is not feeling too good right now and I hope that you get some good news today on his scan results. My fingers are crossed for you both and loads of positve thoughts coming your way.

My best wishes to you both,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Praying for both of you! Hoping for good news.

Lainy,
  Don't worry too much yet, it really could be from some kind of infection. Tom's ALT and AST and Alkaline -Phosphatate? are always somewhat elevated but when he was sick a month ago they jumped into the 1500-1700 range. I was shocked!!His CA19 went from around 500 up to 2246, overnight! AS soon as they put him on antibiotics his liver enzymes went right down to normal, actually lower than they were in Nov when he had his previous bloodwork. I don't know whether his Ca19 has come down and really don't want to know. Teddy may just have some kind of blockage or viral infection like Krisin had. These numbers can drive you crazy if you let them!!! Get a good nights sleep tonight and don't worry until you actually know there is something to worry about. Easier said than done , I know. Take care and best wishes for positive news tomorrow!  Mary

Lainy
Sorry to hear that Teddy is not feeling well and may the scan bring good news.  Both of you are in my thoughts.

Gerry

Lainy,

I am hoping for the best.  Maybe there is an unknown explanation for a Cholangitis infection which has caused the LFT's to rise.  And maybe that has nothing whatsoever to do with cancer.  I'm anxiously awaiting to hear your further news and praying for the best.

Rick

Ulcerative Colitis 1990, Stage 0 colon cancer and subsequent colectomy with J-pouch in 7/2005, PSC 7/2005, Klatsin CCA 8/2009

Dear Lainy

I'm so sorry Teddy's unwell & I really hope he's on the mend quickly.  You are both in my thoughts.  I hope the scan brings good news soon.

Julia xx

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lainy and Teddy,

Sorry to hear this news.  Sending all my best wishes to you both for a speedy recovery.

Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Thanks. I think he is feeling better today, just knocked out. Could be from the antibiotic combined with the infection. I am pretty good now. We take turns!