Topic: Boxing Gloves now Aimed at Radman!!!
Get comfortable...this is a long one:
Last Friday T went to urgent care and was told he probably had Bronchitis.
The doctor gave him a Z-Pak and yesterday instead of being better he had
chills, weakness and a 102.7 temperature. I had him taken to Emergency where they felt it was viral, not Bronchitis as his lungs and chest were clear.
They put him on a very strong antibiotic. BUT it was his LABS that upset me
more. In just 2 weeks his Billie Rubin went from .05 to 3.2 and his ALT/AST were 250. Needless to say we were very anxious for our visit today at the Radiologist to get PET Scan results from last week. Now we are very angry. This is me angry...grrrrrrrrrr..Best way to describe this visit is to spell it out:
Radman: Scan was status quo. One tumor shrunk a little, other grew a little.
Me: Since there are 2 of them under the liver can we do cyber knife or
Rad: We already did!
Rad: When we did the other. Last year.
ME: He only had 1 tumor then and that was 1 1/2 years ago the other 2 were found last September.
Rad: No, they were there all the time.
Me: Never mentioned before. We had no idea! (no answer) When do you think we should do another scan?
Rad: I will leave it up to Dr. Cavalcant (ONC).
Me: Then what do you think the high counts are from?
Rad: It could be a liver infection or a blood infection and the Leviguin
should take care of it, if not you need to see Dr. Cavalcant.
Me to Myself: You won't see us again.
I decided with Robin (daughter) to go with my gut. Change Radiologist. Wait until Thursday and see if Teddy is much better and if not ask for a blood culture. If he is better we will discuss it all with the ONC at our April 30th visit. We are dumbfounded! But Robin cracked me up when she wrote this back on an update I sent family and friends:
Urgent Care - $25
Perscriptions - $40
Emergency Room Visit - $100
Radman - Worthless
Mom's intuition - PRICELESS!!
In the end we are confused and know nothing more than we did but I shall sort it all out....