Topic: Planning fun for the future

I have had it with not planning! I am SO cheap that I never plan or purchase anything for the future because I dont want to waste money. What a way to live! So I am going to do something wild and crazy and buy concert tickets for September. Yep, 4 months away! It is a big emotional and mental step for me.

So I must thank Jimmy Buffett for having a concert in France. Yes that is right, not only am I buying concert tickets for a concert 4 months away, but one that is in another country! I love Buffett. In fact, the only nice thing I can say about my college boyfriend was that he introduced me to Jimmy Buffett.  I am so excited!

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

2 (edited by Katieloumatt Mon, 03 May 2010 06:13:02)

Re: Planning fun for the future

Kris,

What a good idea, sounds great. Just what you need to lift your spirits!!
Hope you have some decent weather in Sweden today, in England it is a bank holiday today and typically rain is threatened, at the moment the sun is shining but it's cold!!

Katie

You GO Girl!!  Splendid idea!! Should be a fantastic concert.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Katie,
I was listening to BBC radio over the internet today and they were talking about the weather. Sorry your bank holiday isnt a warm sunny day, but having lived in  Glasgow for 7 years, those were all I got!

Kris

Kris....who knew you were also a Parrot Head?

I think this is a wonderful idea!  Jimmy Buffet has been a favorite since I saw him at Appalachian State in the 70's!

Definitely one of my favorites....so pour yourself a hurricane and go for it!

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

kris,

I hadnt realised you had lived in Glasgow for all those years. Typically rain in Manchester is as common as in Scotland!! Still got my washing out.... Hope it blows in between the showers!!

Katie

Sounds fantastic!  I too consider Jimmy Buffet & Margaritaville one of my favorites.  Planning for the future is a good thing.  Keep that great attitude.  France & Jimmy Buffet.  Good combination.  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

I was a late comer to being a Parrothead. Like I said it was my college sweetheart who introduced me I guess 15 years ago. I have been to 4 concerts already. Twice being the designated driver which sure took away the concert high after driving 4 loud drunks home. I have about 10to 14 cds and have even gotten Hans hooked.

He is my FAVORITE singer/songwriter and I really thought I would never get to see him again because 1) he is getting pretty old to tour so often and 2)I am now classified as terminal. So this is such a treat. I guess it is like Lisa going to the DC convention.

Kris

Hello Everyone!!!

I really want to give a big thank you to all of you for lifting my spirits here.  Jimmy Buffet sounds TERRIFIC Kris, and in France!  That would be a great uplifter for me too.

I've been having a tough week with my chemo. and energy with my 5-yr old.  I start feeling down and know that my next treatment will probably be even harder on me.  Most of the time I pull myself out of it, but this weekend was harder.  I feel more emotional when my son clings to my husband instead because Jim (hubby) is just trying to help take care of Kevin more so I can rest, but it still makes me feel bad because he seems to "gravitate" to his daddy more when I might be feeling the need to have a hug.  Just feeling sorry for myself kinda.  ANYWAY.....getting caught up on the posts here REALLY, REALLY helps me and my attitude.  Kris you are amazing and such a world traveller!

This Board gives me more support and more "oomphhh" to pick myself up and keep going until it gets better naturally, or to "get out of myself."  Hearing how you are all doing despite our difficulties is very uplifting.  I know we all have our "downs", but this helps to make the downs seem even less.

Thanks once again!  Now I want to make future plans too for something really fun.

Linda Z.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Kris,

Great stuff! Sounds good, I hope you enjoy it and it will give you something to look forward to! Typical bank holiday weather here in Dundee too, cold, grey skies and no hint of the sun!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Oh Kris~

Good for you!  I've been  a fan of Jimmy's for so long...ever since I found 'my lost shaker of salt'    Some of my favorite memories have been in "Margaritaville", (and some of my favorite 'cannot rememberies')  LOL

Have a wonderful time.

Jolene   ~Hey~ My mom's tulips came up this week.  I've been thinking about your gardens; have you had a chance to be at your summer home lately?

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

We went to the summer house last weekend and worked in the garden. I found out that I have lost about half my tulips to the deer. They havent even bloomed yet but I guess those big fat buds were just too tempting. I found a couple that had been trampled and not eaten so I took those home and put in water and they are blooming now.

My daffadils are beautiful. I planted about 100 along a wooden fence and they are perfect. I planted a tree and under it some flowers in honor of Peter and they are looking great. The crocuses are over, but the grape hyacinths are now coming up along with the scilia. We planted 6 more rose bushes to make the grand total to 13 new bushes. Some we got on massive sale last year and they were  missing their tags so we have mystery bushes and are eagerly waiting so see what color and types they are.

We had so many problems with the water and pipes over the winter. We havent fixed them all so we cant spend the night yet. Well, Hans could but I demand a working toilet so we are getting that taken care of.

For future reference, you shouldnt ask me about the summer house because I can go on and on and on!

KRis

I loved reading about your Summerhouse - you just keep talking about it & getting those pix up on Facebook, please!!!

I am almost too embarrassed to admit I don't know Jimmy Buckett or the Margaritaville.  I'd better get off CCF & Google him so I don't show myself up too much ...

I'm sorry you've had a bad week, Linda.  I hope each day is an improvement.

Jx

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

No worry, Kris.  You paint such a beautiful picture of your garden, I can almost imagine being there.  Gardens are so peaceful, and healing...proof of perpetual peace. 

Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Julia,
Its Jimmy BUFFETT not Bucket!!! He is a mixture of folk, rock, country, with a dash of Caribbean, spice, and humor. He started in the 70s and is still going strong. He has a large fan base, but he is rarely played on the radio. He has had 3 hit songs...Margaritaville, Come Monday, and a duet with country singer Alan Jackson.

His songs can be anything from gut renching sad to hysterical to rude. One of his best known songs is Why Dont We Get Drunk and Scr@w (rhyms with pew)...you got to say its to the point. He is also a writer on many best selling lists. I personally like his ballads the best.

Anyway, I am very excited about the concert. People dress up for it with Hawaiin shirts, straw hats, and leis. Should be fun!

Kris

Oh, Gosh!!  (((blush)))!!  Sorry, Kris - no wonder I couldn't find him on Google!!

big_smile

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Kris,  I am a HUGE Buffett fan, and I gotta tell you girl, he has had waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than 3 hit songs.  "Cheeseburger In Paradise" and "Margaritaville" were probably his two biggest hits.  I have been to many of his concerts and I have so much fun!  This is one of the first times I have missed his concert in years.  But I am just getting too old to sit on the lawn, and pavillion tickets are SO expensive.  I hope you have an absolutely fantastic time! Have a marg for me! 

We even have one of his restaurants here in Indianapolis called Cheeseburger In Paradise. Fantastic food!

Hope you have an awesome time in Greece. I am so jealous!!!

Hugs,
Sue

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!