Topic: Felt like life was normal, just for one night.

My Mom and Iwent to see Michael Buble in concert last night, he was amazing!! and for the first time in weeks things felt like they were back to normal.  Dad came to babysit and had a great night playing pool and watching movies with his grandson.

Since Dad has been diagnosed it feel like it's taken over my life, constantly thinking about it 24/7, so last night was really nice. Looking at Dad it's hard to believe he's got CC.  It's been nearly 3 weeks since he came home from having his stent in and things are going well.  His colour has improved lots and if you didn't know he'd got CC you'd think nothing was wrong with him.  Not sure how long this will last but we are enjoying each day as it comes.  He's got his biopsy Monday, on my sons 9th birthday, and then he will be starting his treatment.

Best wishes to everyone

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Re: Felt like life was normal, just for one night.

Andie, so glad to hear about your wonderful night and especially happy about dad's feeling and looking good. Enjoy! smile:)

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

So glad to hear you had such a good night, your Dad is feeling so wonderful, and the stent is helping him so much - what a great start to the weekend!  Enjoy every second with him - I hope his treatments go perfectly for him!!

Jen

Andie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your son!!  & my best wishes to your dad for his biopsy today.

Julia x

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Andie,
That is the best news. Normalcy is something we all crave and I am happy your family found it. Lets hope it is a frequent return visitor.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Thanks all.  Dad is still doing well, he is enjoying the (rare) sunshine in the UK.  He has been pottering about in the garden and enjoying walks in the sun.  He is continuing to gain weight (8Ibs ins 4 weeks) and is enjoying his food.  The biospy went as well as one could, the doctor said it had been successful and lots of samples had been taken.  Dad was a little tired the day after the EUS/biopsy but luckily he had no discomfort from it.

My only worry now is that my Dad seems in denial, saying they can't know for sure that it's CC until they have the biopsy results.  I don't want to burst his bubble of hope but I'm scared that when they confirm it he will sink into a depression.  He has not so far and has been very strong and positive but I think he has got it into his head they have misdiagnosed him as he feels so well.

He has now been given a date to take early retirement, something that whilst he had been looking forward to didn't want to do it under the circumstances he has had to.  He so wanted his gold watch to pass on to my son.  I am hoping that they will still give him one.

Going to pick wallpaper for my hall tomorrow.  My Dad has said he will decorate it for us as my husband is not very handy in the house!  My dad is lethal in DIY stores, somehow think we may there most of the day!

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

I really like Michael Buble.  It must have been wonderful to see him in concert.  What a voice that man has!