Topic: Mortgage refi approved

Well, I guess I am going to have to stick around for a few more years because I'll be signing new mortgage refi papers.  The good thing is that this way I will be avoiding foreclosure.  The bad news is that it will take 1/2 my monthly income to make the payments.  Add that to a $500 monthly insurance premium and we are cutting things down to the bone.  Insurance is so expensive but I of course I don't dare go without.  And of course I "make too much" to be eligible for any state housing, medical or food aid.  I don't understand why they don't count medical premiums/expenses and housing expenses as part of their formula for receiving help.  I have no disposable income.

I can't wait until I am eligibile for Medicare.  One year to go.

Re: Mortgage refi approved

Lisa, that is good news about the mortgage. Too bad you can't take in a boarder. You are going to be 65????  Don't know why I thought you were in your 40's. You kids are just growing up too fast!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lisa,
I know how much foreclosure was weighing on you and I am glad this is getting worked out. You hang in there and as Jeff said Keep on Truckin.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Hi Lainy,
I am 47 smile  I get medicare and medicaid mixed up.  I am looking forward to when I get whatever it is that SS pays for when you are disabled.

Lisa...it is heartbreaking to know that when a major illness strikes people are doomed financially.  Most of the bankruptcies in this country are due to inflated medical bills.  It is a travesty that there is no safety net build in for disabled people.  And, why does it take this long for anyone to qualify for Medicaid?  This country has a long way to go before all people are guaranteed a decent living while being ill. 
I am happy that you were able to refinance but, you need to be able to exist also.  And, as you say: you would not dare drop your medical coverage being that without it your care would be substandard.  People with debilitating illnesses should be supported by the States or by the Federal Government. 
Sorry for my ranting and raving.  You should be receiving some type of aid as should many other people in your situation.
I am happy that you did not have to loose your home.
Best,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER