Topic: Cancer free

I've just received the best news possible.  Scan results show I'm cancer-free.  Also my surgeon is not recommending chemo now but he will monitor the situation every 6-months.  Its 10-months since my diagnosis, one failed whipple attempt followed by chemo, a successful whipple and numerous scans.

Your care and support over the past 10 months has been invaluable to me.

Gerry

Re: Cancer free

What wonderful news!!!! Congratulations!!!!  This sort of news makes everyone feel great.

Best wishes

Andrea

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!  You made our day!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Gerry.....fantastic news.  Thanks for sharing. 
Best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Gerry,

I'm "skootchying" over on the cancer free wagon!  Climb aboard!!!

Congrats!

Hugs,
Sue

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

Hi Gerry,

Brilliant news indeed!! Excellent! Thanks for coming here and sharing it with us all.

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Fantastic news Gerry!  Did your surgeon get clear margins and no lymph nodes involved?  Time to celebrate!

Hope your whipple recovery is going well,
Kate

Thanks Kate
Yes..surgeon had clear margins with no lymph node involvement.  Recovery from whipple is going very well now after a slow start.

Take care........................Gerry

Awesome news Gerry.  Congratulations. 

Kim Kircher

That's fantastic Gerry!  Great to hear such good news.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Gerry--

Way to go!  You've knocked that cancer OUT!!!