Topic: Sound of Music

Just fetched my Mom and Dad from the Sound of Music Musical, and for the first time in months they both looked so happy.

I booked tickets for the show back in November last year for part of their Christmas present.  In April I must admit when Dad was diagnosed I didn't think they would be going, goes to show how wrong Doctors can be.  Dad still hasn't had any treatment apart from stents and whilst we have had some setbacks he is feeling more like his old self again.  Fingers crossed his oncologist appointment goes well Wednesday and Chemo can start soon. We are going to RAF Cosford Museum Thursday as he now feels up to walking about again, something my 9 year old son is looking forward to doing with his Grandad.

Best wishes to everyone x

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Re: Sound of Music

This is terrific news, Andie - I'm so glad they had such a good time & I hope you all enjoy the RAF Museum.  It's really great that you can all go out & have fun together; your son will be storing up fabulous memories, too.

GOOD LUCK for Wednesday's appointment.  I'll be thinking of you.

Julia x

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Re: Sound of Music

Andie,
A nine year old boy, his Grandad and an airplane museum sounds like the best mix possible. I'm certain it will be a precious time. Blessings on your Dad.

bob