Topic: Study in external beam radiotherapy in unresectable ICC - EBRT

http://7thspace.com/headlines/357170/de … ients.html

"Conclusions: EBRT as palliative care appears to improve prognosis and relieve the symptom of jaundice in patients with unresectable ICC."

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Study in external beam radiotherapy in unresectable ICC - EBRT

Gavin-

This study and its results formed the basis for a subsequent clinical trial in which I am enrolled, conducted at Washington University/Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, MO.  They've upped the dosage to 55 gray in five fractions of External Beam/ Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy.

We are starting to look at some of these options for Mom after our meetings with the surgeons.  Can I ask you is there any kidney effects?  My mom has stage 4 kidney disease so it is limiting our options.

Thanks for this Jack and I hope that this trial and the treatment works well for you. Please if you can could you let us know how you are getting on with it.

Prayingformom, I can't answer that question for you. But maybe that is something that you could discuss with your mums doctors? I wish you every success here.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.