Topic: Ideas needed!

Hi all! A non cc question,

My cousin is organising a Thanksgiving evening at the village Methodist Church, it'll be food on a theme rather than the full meal as not possible to cater a big sit down for 60 os so!

The plan is turkey & cranberry rolls plus pumpkin pie & pecan pie, possibly pumkin muffins, & the like.

However, are there any traditional drinks?
I've had a look on a couple of websites but most are for alcholic cocktails which won't do for the teetotal Methodists!

All suggestions that will go with the above would be gratefully recieved!

Thank you muchly!

Val x

Re: Ideas needed!

Apple cider is a traditional fall drink. Patty

Val a non alcholic drink that is delish is:  Cranberry Juice mixed with White Soda. Very pretty too. Put a lime in it as well.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

P.S.   Sorry for the P.S. just remembered a Holiday Punch: 

Any kind of canned punch added to some white soda in a punch bowl. Add a few scoops of sherbet and toss in some sliced fruit of any kind to make it pretty.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thanks Patty & Lainey!
Excellent, I will pass the info on. I had wondered about cranberry juice with somethiing fizzy/carbonated.

One small query, is 'soda' for you what we would call 'lemonade' or the like? Soda here is fizzy water!

Thanks, Val x

Oh any white   "Fizzy".  Not lemonade. You need something to add 'fizz'.

I would also add mac and cheese pie to any Thanksgiving feast and I will second apple cider (not the alcoholic kind like you get in the pub, but cloudy apple cider)

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Mac and cheese pie??  That sound DELICIOUS!!  How is it different then just having mac and cheese??

Here in the south, we serve sweet tea with ice.

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

10 (edited by slittle1127 Wed, 10 Nov 2010 23:40:42)

Val - We do hot apple (juice) or cider (non alcoholic) with mulling spices (in the crock pot). Our family loves it. We also make "secret" recipe hot chocolate. What are cranberry rolls and how do you make them? I'm in the South (Southern California) and we like sweet tea with ice. smile

Hi All, and thanks again - brilliant suggestions!

Kris,  Mac & cheese pie? Scooby style UUUUUHHHH? My overactive imagination immediately thinks Big Mac in a pie with cheese on top - I'm sure that would be a drug fuelled bad dream! Do put me right PLEASE!

Pam & slittle, is sweet tea like iced tea with lots of sugar? I'm liking the sound of the apple juice with mulling spices - yum! 

Turkey & Cranberry rolls are just bread rolls filled with cold turkey & cranberry sauce (which here is more of a relish or pickle consistency). This is the kind of food we eat at Christmas when we can't manage any more roast dinner!

Lainey, thanks for clarification on the fizz!

I find the differences in names for food endlessly fascinating!

Thanks again, Val x