Topic: Breakfast with Donald Duck

Just booked breakfast with Donald Duck at Tusker House, Animal Kingdom.

My son is so excited.  We are going to Florida next May.  It was booked before Dad was diagnosed and I must admit I was going to cancel and re book for the year after.  I've decided Dad will do his best to stay with us and be here to listen to the stories we have to tell. i just think it's a coincidence on the day I can book our first ADR, we have an email about possible surgery!!  He was so happy when we booked it as we have always wanted to go there.  If the worst is to be then we will have to re think but I'm hoping and praying we won't have to.

I have started planning our hols, it has given me something to focus on apart from the CC. 

Hopefully the weather will be ok in May.

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Re: Breakfast with Donald Duck

That sounds like a QUACKER (Donald Duck) of an idea. You will have a blast, a trip to remember for a lifetime.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I don't know exactly what breakfast with Donald Duck at Tusker House involves, but I hear the word breakfast, I get the general idea and that makes me happy! A good breakfast sets up a good day, and Florida in May sounds like a whole lot of good days to me!! Good breakfasts followed by days in the parks on the rides......You know you can go on the Andie!!!!

Keep planning that holiday, and yes, I am sure that the weather in Florida will be good in May! This ain't Blackpool after all!!!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Gavin,

It's a breakfast with the characters at Disney.  Donald, Mickey and Goofy dressed in safari gear.  Sons idea, honest lol!

I am getting myself ready for the rides.  I progressed a bit at Chessington but still got a way to go.

Lainy,

You make me laugh, I hope it will be a holiday of a lifetime, it's taking us what seems a lifetime to save for it.  We go 3 days after our son turns 10, and he wants to swim with the Dolphins at Discovery Cove.  Have booked this for Memorial day, as hopefully because they only allow 1000 people in it won't be as busy as the other parks.  Also booking an overnight stay at one of the Universal Hotels so we can take advantage of the fast passes to the rides.  Think we will need another holiday when we get back!

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Hi Andie,

Breakfast with Mickey and Goofy. Sounds good, but hmmm, are you sure that this was your son's idea???? Glad to hear that you have progressed with the rides, next year you should be ready for the Incredible Hulk ride at Universal Studios! Now that looks like some serious, serious fun!!!

And of course, the fast pass mean that you will be able to just come off it, and go straight back on it again!!

Enjoy!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Gavin,

The Hulk......... one word NO!!

Will not have progressed that much, hopefully will be able to do the Harry potter rides, but will leave that one to the boys.

As for Donald Duck, honestly it was my sons idea (once i'd put the idea in his head)  Husband wasn't to keen, but hopefully when he sees the breakfast menu he will change his mind.

Andrea

Oooohhhhh... the Incredible Hulk ride is SO much fun!  My husband and I got engaged in Disney World... it's such a fantastic place, you will make a ton of fantastic memories there!  As ridiculous as the saying is, it REALLY is the Happiest Place on Earth!

Ah ha! So it was your sons idea, but you gave him the idea for his idea by putting that idea in his head? I like that thinking a lot!!! I've not seen the menu, but I am certain that your husband will come round once he has seen the menu!!

Perhaps you need a trip to Blackpool before going to Florida so that you can work on getting ready for the Hulk ride! I've only seen a video for the Hulk ride and have not been on it. But Jen says it is so much fun, and I totally believe her!!! You'd have to drag me off it!!!

Gavin

This looks so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Tlvw7ouj0

as does this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7yq34x0 … re=related

I sooo need to go to Florida!

Gavin - I'll meet you there!

Florida was great, but ooohhh swimming with the dolphins? Gotta do it in Puerto Vallarta through Vallarta adventures. Awesome experience - not overcrowded. So much fun. I held my 2 year old granddaughter in my arms and a dolphin and her baby came right up to us and we petted them and kissed them and waved to them. She is still talking about it 3 months later. Gavin - when you go to AZ next year, make a stop in CA and we'll go to Universal Studios and Disneyland. The character dinner was so awesome for my one year old grandson. We have amazing pictures and the characters couldn't have been better and the food was good too.

That sounds great Jen! And Susan, that sounds great as well! I do like my rollercoasters, a lot!! Can you tell,ha! We should have a CC gathering in Florida and then we could all go the Hulk ride. CC'ers defeat the Hulk, bring it on!

Gavin

Make that North Florida and I will show you the springs and some of the natural beauty of the state and not so much commercial stuff!

Andie,

How lovely that you all have something wonderful to look forward to, and to focus away from cc for a short time.

Breakfast with the charaters is a fabulous experience, we did it with ours a few years ago. We visited Magic Kingdom and had breakfast with all the characters in the ballroom I think it was....

The food and drink are on a buffet help yourself basis and you get plenty of time to meet with the characters for photos etc smile

Katie