Topic: Teddy is at PEACE

Teddy passed at 945PM today, December 6th. He was in Hospice 3 days. Today was a terrible day of pain and anxiety and then about 4PM the "rattle" started. He was fidgety up to the end, what a scraper. He asked for my 2 grandsons 14 and 16 and they came over as my daughter was with me the whole day. 15 minutes after they arrived the rattle stopped and I look at Robin and I put my arms around T as he drew his last breath and it was so peaceful, I cannot begin to tell you. No more pain, no more fighting a monster, just a peaceful and still
cute Teddy. I want to thank all of you for to helping make our journey full of love and  support. This was an experience at the end that Robin and I will never forget and one we are so privledged to have been a part of. My precious moments are over but the Memories will last for ever. I love my CC family could not be without you!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Teddy is at PEACE

Lainy,
Can't begin to tell you the impact your story has.  My thoughts are truly with you.  What a life and love Teddy had.  He's free and peaceful now.
So glad Robin is with you; take care.
Love Kate

I am so glad for Teddy. I just knew in my spirit this evening. Something I sensed. I am so glad that you had such wonderful years with T and those memories will carry you into the future. You have been an example to all of us and a strength and support. Glad you have Robin and the rest of the family to support you during this time. My heart aches for your loss but celebrates the life you were privileged to share. Prayers and blessings. Love, Susan

Darling Lainy

I cannot express my mixed feelings of sadness at Teddy's passing, relief that he's no longer in pain & anger that the Hospice's failings should have added to his pain & your distress. At the end you were together & in each other's arms & that is a wonderful image.

You & Teddy are my Miracle Couple - I thank God I found this site & met you both & your wonderful family & shared this part of your journey with you.

I love you both & will always keep you in my heart, where Teddy will continue to laugh & joke & flirt with his gorgeous wife. This "short man" who "stands so tall" is a GIANT amongst men & will continue to guide & inspire us in our ongoing battle with his disease.

May God bless you, Teddy, & you, too, lovely Lainy, Robin & Family.

Julia xx

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Dearest Lainy,

You and Teddy have given me hope from day one, and now you have shown me the true beauty of love. Teddy is at peace, and I wish the same for you and your family. Godspeed, Teddy, you are tall enough to reach the stars. Bless you Lainy...may you take comfort in all of the love flowing towards you

Janet

Lainy..... what to say..Joel too was in the hospice just 3 nights.I do know a little how you are feeling,not quite the same as we are all different in our circumstances but we share a lot.Teddy was one of a kind and Lainy,I wish you strength++ to get through the next while             love from  Janet

LAINY

my sensere condoleses,,,, i wisch you strength... hugs  and kisses to you...

moontje

Lainy,

You and Teddy have been in my thoughts and prayers so much recently and I am sorry to hear of Teddy's passing.  Yet, I remember when my father-in-law passed from Parkinson's.  It was just me, my husband and his parents.  And the relief from pain and the sense of peace was so pure, it was hard to be upset. You are such a strong, loving person and I know you will be surrounded by family and friends. Allow them in and let them help you.   They all love you as they loved Teddy and you are far from alone.  I know you will miss Teddy, but you had such a wonderful life together. Try to celebrate the memories.

Sending big hugs,
Sue

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

My dearest Lainy

I am so sorry to hear of Teddy's passing.  I am praying for both of you, how wonderful that you could journey with him to the end and I am so thankful that his passing was peaceful.

May his soul rest in peace.

with love and a huge hug

Michelle

"My dad, Tony, passed away on 4 October 2010, after a 19 month battle with CC"   - I carry you in my heart, Dad, forever.

Dearest Lainy,

My thoughts, love and prayers are with you and your family.

Teddy will always have a special place in our cc familys hearts.  I'm sure he's watching down on you all from the Italian Restaurant in the sky with a big smile on his face, he will be so proud of you, Robin and your family. You have been amazing throughout your journey, always offering words of comfort, support and advice to others.

Memories do certainly last forever, and you have many wonderful times to remember.  I hope these bring comfort to you and your family along with knowing Teddy is now at peace.

Lainy, we love you too and we couldn't be without you either.

Much love

Andrea x

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Dear Lainy,

Please accept my deepest sympathy to you and your family. 

love,
Betsy

Lainy and Family:  Words cannot expresss.....my heart, thoughts and prayers are with you all.  T was an inspiration to all of us on this board.  You are correct, he is no longer suffering and has started a new journey.  One where there is no pain, no doctors, no tests, no chemo, only peace.

RIP Teddy.  Go with God. Godspeed.  We all love you.

HUGS,
Margaret & Tom

Dear Lainy:
Teddy will always be remembered by me.  There were many personality traits Teddy had that reminded me of my husband who is healthy.  Your advise, comments, and knowledge regarding this disease will continue to help me with my brother Ned who is in the battle.    My sincere condolances to you and your family.  I am glad Teddy's suffering is over. 

God Bless you, Victoria

Lainy,

I'm so sorry to hear about Teddy.  The next few days will fly by and you probably want remember it all.  When you look back just remember your love and that he is having a good time in heaven looking over you.  I've had some experiences of Wayne's help in the last few months, so I know we have our guardian angels looking over us.

Terry

Love to my Wayne for 36 years
I'm not a widow, I am a wife
We are only apart for heaven's sake
You are waiting for me at heaven's gate

Oh Lainy, my most sincere condolences to you and to your family.  You did an amazing thing by being by Teddy's side throughout all of this.  How wonderful that he was able to be at home for all but the last three days of his life.

I am privileged to "know" Teddy and you through this site.  I pray that you feel God's arms around you in the coming days and weeks.

~Kim
my mother lost her 16 month battle with CC 9/26/10
"Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future generations as all other earthly causes combined."

Oh Lainy,

You have always been there for all of us, now it is our turn to be here for you.  You and Teddy had such a wonderful marriage.  Your love was so evident.  I am praying for you and your family.

We all love you,
Amy

Oh Lainy, I just saw your post.  I am so sorry Teddy has passed, but so glad he is at peace.  I'm so glad your daughter was with you and it was beautiful in the end.  That is what you will have to hold on to for days to come.  I am so proud you can celebrate his life and know his services will be uplifting and a tribute to the love your family has for him.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  Love, Pam

Lainy,

The news we've all expected but have been dreading to hear.  I'm so very sorry, Lainy, but take comfort in knowing you were there 100% for Teddy.  Gary also passed after 3 nights in hospice, and the end was something you never forget...awful but awesome.  Just think of all the other CC victims who greeted Teddy at the gates!  The pain and suffering is over, you will get through this by your strength and memories.  My thoughts and prayer are always with you...you're my CC "sister".  Elaine

Live each day to the fullest

ElaineW wrote:

Just think of all the other CC victims who greeted Teddy at the gates!

Elaine, that visual made me cry all over again.  What a truly beautiful and comforting thought!  Teddy and my mother ought to get along swimmingly.

~Kim
my mother lost her 16 month battle with CC 9/26/10
"Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future generations as all other earthly causes combined."

Oh Lainy,

I just logged on here at work and am sitting at my microscope crying.  Tears of saddness for you and your family, tears of joy that Teddy's long battle and pain is finally over. 

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and those amazing pictures to remember him.

You have truly been there every step of the way for Teddy.  Thank you so much for sharing this remarkable man with all of us.

I'm sending hugs, prayers for strength and lots of love to you and your family. 

I'm sure my Mom and all of the other CC warriors were there to welcome Teddy home.

Hugs,
Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

21 (edited by Darla Tue, 07 Dec 2010 10:58:19)

Dear Lainy,

Words can not truely express how I am feeling right now.  I logged on this morning hoping for news as to how things were going for the two of you.  I am both happy and sad hearing that Teddy has passed on.  Relieved to know  that he is now at peace and no longer suffering and sad for your loss.  You have so many wonderful memories and as you know, Teddy will always be with you in your heart and those memories.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Lainy, daughter and grandsons,

I'm thankful you had the gift of being with Teddy at the very beginning of his heavenly journey.  Perfect peace, perfect health, perfect love.

May God wrap His arms around you in comfort.

With my love,
Kathy

Lainy,
I dont know what to say. It all just seems wrong when you are talking about a family and a love like yours and Teddy's.

Know that you are in my heart and prayers and if I could reach you I would give you the biggest hug.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Dearest Lainy,

I am so very sorry, I wish there was something that I could say to you right now. I am glad though that Teddy now has peace and is not suffering anymore. Please know that my thoughts are with you, Robin and all of your family.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Lovely Lainy,

Please know how much you are loved and appreciated by so many. You will not be alone, WE WILL ALL MISS TEDDY. You have shown us how to be the best caregiver, companion, momma bear there could be. You are such an inspiration. 

After my dear mother passed away from CC, I was in  such deep pain, I could not muster going online, but I had to follow your story because of your deep love for each other. I will be praying for Teddy, you, and your family.

Blessings,
Mom's Daughter