Topic: Happy Birthday Dad!!

My precious Dad is 63 today! He wants to celebrate with a bottle of beer.  He asked if this would be ok has he hasn't had a drink since last Christmas.  We said we don't think one would hurt now lol!  We are going to visit him later once his morning visitors have gone.  He is still doing really well all things considered, I'm just praying he's ok for Christmas.

Love to all

Andrea

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Re: Happy Birthday Dad!!

Happy Birthday DAD!  We all raise a glass of foam to you! Now bring on the next Celebration!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Andrea

Birthday greetings to your Dad!

Re the beer - you know the old saying, a little of what you fancy.  Hope he thoroughly enjoyed it ...

Love and positive thoughts

Helen xx

Happy birthday to your Dad! Heck...Let him have two beers. Tell the doctors bob said it's ok.

Blessings!
bob

Thanks everyone,

Dad had a lovely day with visits from family and friends.  He enjoyed his bottle of beer too.

The next day he was a bit down for a few hours but Mom said he is ok now, he has even put the Christmas tree up.  My Uncle took him to see his old work friends today, he had just over an hour at work with them and really enjoyed it.

I haven't seen Dad since Saturday has I have caught the dreaded flu and sickness bug that seems to be doing the rounds. My son is off today with it too. I just hope we haven't passed it on to Mom and Dad, luckily so far they are both are ok.

Christmas is coming fast and the fact that Dad is still doing amazingly well is our own Christmas miracle and the best present ever. 

Love to all

Andrea

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

So glad to hear your Dad's birthday was so great, and that he put the tree up!  Fantastic!  I know what you mean about the flu... awful!!  I haven't seen my Dad since last week either, waiting until I know I am 100% before risking going anywhere near their house! 

So very happy we will both be enjoying another Christmas with our Dads....

Jen

Andrea

I am glad to hear that you had a good birthday with your Dad and family, and that he is feeling well enough to visit people and decorate the house.  But poor you being so unwell.  I had been wondering where you were and was just about to post asking for news when I saw your message.  I hope you feel better soon...at least you should be OK for Christmas now !
hugs
Jemima

Thanks Jemima,

Really missing seeing Mom and Dad but can't chance them catching it.  Been up all night with son being sick, so we are all tired out today.  Hopefully we will be germ free for Christmas.  I am so behind though, no presents wrapped, cards wrote or christmas tree decorated.  It's funny how everything seems to be left to the lady of the house to do lol!

How is you Mom doing?

Take care

Andrea x

Hi Andrea

You poor things ! It is just the worst time of the year to be ill I think, but I am sure that Christmas will come together fairly quickly.  If it makes you feel better we have no tree yet, am still buying presents, and have only sent a few cards....and I don't have ill children, or myself, so I have no excuse !

My mum is doing OK thanks.  It's a bit weird as she has had no chemo for 4 weeks now as she had to have a break for white blood cells count to rise.  Then they had a MDT meeting last Friday about her and her appointment to see the oncologist to talk about that isn't until this Friday.  In the meantime she has had no blood tests to see if her count is rising.  It looks like Friday's appointment won't happen as we are due snow and ice for then so all will come to a standstill.  Which means that she won't be seen until next week (if they can fit her in) and  that'll be another week with no chemo !  Surely since the scan showed no growth then her chemo should be carried on....  I don't know what the doctors are playing at sometimes.  At least she is feeling OK and is wanting to get involved with christmas and everything. 

I hope your son feels better soon.  And I am sure that men ARE capable of doing these things, although saying that I do everything in our house too !

best wishes

Jemima

Hi Jemima,

So glad she is feeling well, that has to be a good sign.

The hospital system puzzles me at times, surely blood work should be tested weekly as the count may have come up enough for chemo to begin again.
Perhaps you could ask the Doctor this when you see him on Friday, weather permitting.  I'm no chemo expert but when it was discussed for Dad we were told if the tumor had stayed the same or shrunk after 3 months then another course would be given, but 6 months would be the max without a break.

Glad she is wanting to get involved with Christmas.  Thinking of you both and fingers crossed you get some answers Friday.

Best wishes

Andrea