Topic: Inner Peace......

Had to share this with my CC family....

I've had several days lately when I was really down and missing my Mom more than usual.  I've felt out of sorts and sad and totally not ready for Christmas and the holidays.  I was whining to one of my dear friends who is fighting another type of cancer and I got this email from her this morning.  I figured I would share this with you.....

Inner Peace...a note to Pam......

If you can start the day without caffeine,

If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,

If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,

If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it,

If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment ,

If you can conquer tension without medical help,

If you can relax without a glass  of wine,

If you can sleep without the aid of drugs........

Then You Are  Probably the family dog !

Needless to say this put things in perspective and we shared a major laughing moment on the phone this morning....Gotta love humor!

Hugs to all of you!

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Re: Inner Peace......

Just adorable!!!  Good thing I am not a dog...couldn't eat the same food every day.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Inner Peace......

Thanks for the good laugh! Proverbs says that "a merry heart does good like a medicine" so I've had my morning dose...

God Bless,
bob