Topic: Genetic Risk Factor Study / Imperial College, London UK

Although this research has been carried out in the UK, I thought it might be of interest to all our cc family:

A recent study at Imperial College has investigated whether or not specific genes involved in tumour immunity are associated with the development of sporadic cholangiocarcinoma. The results suggest that a wider study assessing the differences in many genes between people with and without cholangiocarcinoma may reveal genetic risk factors for the development of this cancer.

This research, carried out by Dr Chris Wadsworth and colleagues and supported by AMMF, was awarded

Re: Genetic Risk Factor Study / Imperial College, London UK

Thank you Helen, thank you very much for this. Not just for posting this here, but for all of the work that you do. It is very much appreciated by everyone.

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

I agree with Gavin, Helen.  You are a warrior and very much appreciated.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thank you so much for your kind words, Gavin and Marion ...

I have never thought of myself as a warrior, Marion, but I quite like the idea!! And I guess what we are all involved in is a bit like a war - many battles and skirmishes to be overcome before we achieve that victory.

Helen x