Topic: Clean Scan

Hello to all....just wanted to let you all know that I went for my 19 month scan at Mt Sinai yesterday..after my scan I always have an appt with my surgeon Dr. Schwartz same day maybe just 1 hour after scan he pops the scan up on his computer and reads it himself.   I feel very blessed to be telling you that everything is clear..no signs of lesions...portal and hepatic veins are patent and wide open..no lymphatenopothy.  My wish is that my post gives someone hope becuase there is! A little over 2 years ago I was told by a very prestigious NYC cancer center I was not a cndidate for surgery and palliative care was all they could offer! Visit this website often because the people here are wonderful, compassionate and very smart cookies!  Most of all be your own advocate it gives you power and power gives you the strength to accomplish mighty things....
Nancy

Re: Clean Scan

Hi Nancy,

Yes!! What excellent news indeed, this is great to hear! Thank you so much for sharing it here with us all and yes, it does indeed give so much hope to others. Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Nancy, great news and keep it coming.  I have a CT coming up in Sept and am hoping for similar results.

Jim
Hospitals/Doctors Link,  Our Experiences:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=3126  See page 4 of thread for Dr. Tomoaki Kato info.
Major USA Cancer Centers:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/majorcancercenters.htm

Nancy....congratulations on a terrific scan.  And thanks for encouraging others with your good news.  Keep it up.
All my best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Nancy,  So happy to hear of your wonderful news. Success stories are always uplifting and we appreciate knowing how you are doing! Thanks for passing on  hope. Relax and enjoy the summer; you deserve it!
Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

What wonderful news Nancy,
Congratulations!
Kate

That is fantastic!! thanks for sharing the good news!

YIPPEE, Nancy! Music to my ears! You are our little Miss Hopeful and don't let go of that hope for one moment. You are also an example of winning for all of our members. Keep up the wonderous news!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Yea!!  I knew your good news and i am glad you posted it here.  Hopefully I will have the same good news next week to post **fingers crossed**.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Randi...Jim..I have everything crossed for both of you and its very uncomfortable..I just know that good news is on the way!

Nancy
Nice one.....it's great to hear good news...keep it coming.

Jim....Good luck next week.

Gerry

Yea Nancy-I am doing my 6 month scan in 3 days, so if you have any thing left to cross, cross it!! I do get a little "scanphobia" as Jim calls it, but I have blood draws every month, so I cheat a little on the fear factor!!
Lots of prayers-Cathy