Topic: GREAT 6 month Scans!!!!

I just had great 6 month scans- all good.
For all you fighting there is HOPE. I was given 6-8 months to live, and am now 2 years and 1month cancer FREE!!
To all you starting the fight, seek out a doctor and hospital, expierenced and knowledagble in CC. Please discuss transplantion and have it ruled out by a doctor who believes it is an option. (Mayo and Barnes are 2 of your best sources.)
Lots of prayers-Cathy

Re: GREAT 6 month Scans!!!!

Yea, Kathy! Wonder woman comes through again! Cause to celebrate!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Fantastic....a good time to celebrate for us all. Cathy, you give hope to all CC patients.
Congratulations to you.
All my best wishes,
Mariion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I will have a glass of wine in celebration of your 6 month good news!!  I hear 2 years is a magic number...so that means you are magic Cathy!  Keep up the good scans, you give us all hope.

Have a great summer!
-Randi0

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Best news I've heard today!  Way to go Cathy.

God bless,
Kathy

Cathy, glad to hear your still clean.  This scanxiety is no fun!

Keep the good scans coming.

Jim
Hospitals/Doctors Link,  Our Experiences:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=3126  See page 4 of thread for Dr. Tomoaki Kato info.
Major USA Cancer Centers:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/majorcancercenters.htm

Jim, good word, I love it:  scanxiety!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Cathy,
We celebrate with you! Two years can become three and so forth a day at a time... Lots of prayers back at you. BTW Jim, I like your new word too. We've all experinced "scanxiety.

God Bless!
bob

Cathy,
First of all, congratulations!!  You give me great hope for my mom.  Did you have a transplant then?  I asked about doing that at Johns Hopkins (bc I don't really understand why it wouldn't be an option if it was solely in the liver) and they told me they're typically not done for CC.  Can you give me any more details about it?  Thanks!

Cathy
What wonderful news...I'm so happy for you! May you have many, many more clear scans...@ Jim love that word you made up scanxiety....it's so true.

Hi Cathy,

This is such great news indeed!!! Time to celebrate!! Looking forward to hearing more news like this from you!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

HAPPY for you : )!!
//Maria

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford