Topic: Good news for Lauren

Hi everybody,

Lauren had an MRI yesterday. This is the first one she has had since starting chemo (Gem/Cis and 5-FU) in Sept. Her tumor that was 12x14cm.
shrunk to 10x12cm. Still a whopper but getting smaller. Her biggest small tumor shrunk .1cm. Her lymph nodes that were enlarged have also shrunk. She had a dream a few weeks back that her big tumor did shrink to the size that it is now. She has a sixth sense about things because she insisted I get her a doctor's appoinment before she was diagnosed and knew she had cancer before we were told she did. She feels really good. We are so happy the chemo is fighting her cancer. She has been lucky not to have too many bad side effects. We are taking things day by day. It makes me so happy to see her upbeat and hopeful. Love to all of you.

-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: Good news for Lauren

I've been waiting all day for this post!!!   I knew her MRI was yesterday.  Glad to hear it shrunk.  That is great news!!!!  Tell her to stay strong and we are all thinking of her!

Best wishes,

Susie

Dear Pam,

I am so glad to hear that Lauren's tumors have shrunk.  What a great day!  I know you must be relieved because waiting for the results for me are the hardest part.  Tell Lauren to keep up the good fight.  Hugs, PeggyP

Pam....it warms my heart to know that Lauren is responding so beautifully to her treatments.  Shrinkage is a big word on this site and congratulations are in order.  Keep on fighting, Lauren.
Big hugs and all my best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Yippee!  That is the best news ever, you both must be ecstatic! I love waking up in the morning to this kind of news. Keep brining it on! Love  being sent to the both of you, what a great team you are!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Pam,

This is great news, thanks so much for sharing it with us! Hoping that the good news continues for Lauren, congratulations!

Best wishes to you and Lauren,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

WONDERFUL!!!!!

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford

Pam, I know you all must be over the moon!  Awesome news!  Enjoy and celebrate!

Great news- sounds like she has her mind doing the hard work while she sleeps! Tell her to get lots more sleep.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I appreciate it so much and so does Lauren.

Love, Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Great news!  Keep up the positive thinking and keep living life one day at a time!  Ben and I had good times through the chemo and afterwards, just be conscious of how she feels but don't think too far ahead!  You are both in my thoughts.

Tom

My partner Ben was diagnosed in August 2010 with non-resectable stage IV intrahepatic CC with 6-18 months prognosis.   He was 51 at the time - and he is now 55. 

Don't give up!

Pam,  so happy to hear the good news.  Tell Lauren to keep on thinking shrinking!!

that is wonderful! it is always great to hear some good news!

Great news.......keep it shrinking!

So happy to hear that Lauren got a good report. I've
Been on chemo for 18 months and it has remained stable. It hasn't shrunk, but I'll take stable. I wish the best for Lauren. She will be in my prayers.
Julie

I just saw this post. That's fabulous news and has brought a smile to my face. Thanks for letting us know.
Elsie

Wonderful news. Her story has been on my mind since I first read about it--she's only a few years younger than I am.

This is great news, tell Lauren to keep dreamin'!

Patty

Pam, a belated "great news" for you and your daughter. Keep the faith!

-Byron

"Pull down your hat, strap on your spurs, and tighten the cinch. Let's ride this mustang."