Topic: Dad's Clear 1 Year- Post Surgery CT

Hello all,

Although I don't post often, I "lurk" frequently and thank everyone for all of the information they post!

I wanted to share some uplifting news - one year post surgery, there is no sign of recurrence of my Dad's cc!  He had his surgery performed by Dr. Myron Schwartz (at Mt Sinai in NYC) in October 2010 (lobe removal, portal vein resection, gallbladder removal).  He had chemo (Gemzar/Cisplatin) with Dr. Randall Holcombe (also at Mt Sinai) from December 2010 through the first week of April 2011.

CT performed today & we just heard the news, so I thought I'd share such happy results & hope everyone gets the same!

LA

Re: Dad's Clear 1 Year- Post Surgery CT

This is the kind of news that keeps us going, thanks for posting!

Patty

LA....fantastic and congratulations and as Patty has mentioned, this is the kind of news that keeps us going.  Thanks for sharing.
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

All my best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

LA, well this is going to be some kind of FANTASTIC THANKSgiving! Great news indeed and thanks for letting us know!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Dear LA,

Yippeee!! So happy for you and your family. This gives hope to the rest of us.

-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Clean scans, that's what we like.  Keep em coming!!

Jim
Hospitals/Doctors Link,  Our Experiences:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=3126  See page 4 of thread for Dr. Tomoaki Kato info.
Major USA Cancer Centers:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/majorcancercenters.htm

Hi LA,

Thanks for sharing your dads news with us all, this is great news indeed!!

Best wishes to you and your dad,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Great news!!  Thanks for sharing!

Susie