Topic: Lauren's tumors are shrinking!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Lauren's tumors are shrinking more after 8 rounds of chemo. My oldest daughter read Lauren's MRI report and this is the good news:

Laurens monster tumor in the right side started out 17cm x 14cm
After 4 rounds of chemo was 15cm x 12cm
After 8 rounds of chemo and MRI yesterday 13cm x 11cm

Lauren has 5 satellite lesions in her left side -  all have decreased in size and some have become somewhat inapparent. I take that to mean they are barely visible. Her largest small tumor started out 2.0 cm. It has shrunk to 1.6 cm.

Lauren went to work with Giovanni today at his family business. I just got off the phone with her and she said they drew out her tumor on paper. It used to be a cantelope. Now it is only a grapefruit. Let's hope for a shriveled up raisin!! Ok Lainy - can't wait to hear the joke about fruit. Thanks everyone for all of your prayers. My girl is fighting this monster with everything she's got and will never give up. Love and prayers to you all.

-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: Lauren's tumors are shrinking!!!!

YEA YEA!!!! Congrats!! Praise the Lord!!! What more can I say!
Can't wait for Lauren to post I am a CC survivor!
Lots more
prayers-Cathy

Pam & Lauren, there are no words I am jumping up and down with excitement. I can only imagine how you girls feel! Well, you got me on the fruit but I did giggle when you mentioned Giovanni's 'family business'. Love the shriveled up raisen. I will not stop the prayers and thoughts though until the fruit salad is all gone!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Congratulations Pam wish her complete cure soon smile

Pam..just what we expected and wished for -  a fantastic response to the treatments. 
May Lauren continue to show this cancer that she is the boss.
All my best wishes,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Great news!!! I am so happy for you and Lauren! Keep it going!!
Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Hi Pam,

Yay!!! This is excellent news indeed!!! Thanks very much for letting us know about it. And of course, I hope for the good news to continue for Lauren!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Great news!

Great way to start the new year!!!  Congratulations.

Great!!!!!! So happy to hear the good news about Lauren.

Congrats Pam &  Lauren!!!  Keep shrinking!!

Susie

YEAH!  That's the kind of news I needed to hear!  I'm still praying hard for Lauren and will keep doing so!

That is awesome news Pam, I'm so happy for you Lauren!

HUGS,
Margaret

Great to hear this.  Happy for all of you.  May it continue to shrink.   smile

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Thank you one and all from the bottom of my heart. I would not be able to be so strong for Lauren if I didn't have my wonderful CC family. I love you all more than words can express.

-Pam

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Congrats to Lauren and Pam for the shrinkage.  Also to the Dr's for their knowledge.  It's a long and winding road, but keep on traveling. 

So glad for you,  Grover  smile

So ecstatic to hear about Lauren's great scan...I see more great scans in her future!!

She IS a cancer survivor, everyday she is here enjoying her life and fighting to be here is a glorious day of survival!!

Cheers!
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Such wonderful news! I am so happy for you all and it's made my day.
Leone

Pam;

The news on Lauren's tumors shrinking is wonderful.  We all are very excited and need to tell you so. 
Bless you.

Woo hoo!!!!!  Great news, Pam!!!  Keep fighting, Lauren!

Sending prayers and love...Patti

Great news!! Has chemoembolization been discussed? It killed my big tumor.
Hugs
Maria

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford

No Maria, it has not. I will ask the doctor what he thinks about it. Thank you.

Love, -Pam

I am happy to hear it is shrinking and i wish you the best of luck big_smile good news is always good to hear when your going through this she must be so happy!

23 (edited by lisacraine Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:27:10)

This is amazing news. Prayers will continue to be sent your way. Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Keep the good news coming!

Jim
Hospitals/Doctors Link,  Our Experiences:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=3126  See page 4 of thread for Dr. Tomoaki Kato info.
Major USA Cancer Centers:  http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/majorcancercenters.htm

Great news! A fantastic way to begin the new year!

Mike