Topic: Screen Name?

I'm often curious as to how some of us have come up with our "screen name". Mine is "32coupe". I own a 1932 Ford five window coupe street rod which I purchased in 1963 from the next door neighbor of my then girl friend - now wife. I decided to keep the car and the girl. Thus... "32coupe". That's my story and I'm sticking to it. What's your's?

God Bless!

bob

Re: Screen Name?

How cute, Bob!
My real name is Elaine and when we moved out to Phoenix everyone dubbed me Lainy and I loved it!
As for a car, Teddy had a bigger car, I like small. So, after he passed I got a little blue Hyundai Hatchback. Blue because he had blue eyes almost the same color.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Bob,

What a great story and reason for your screen name! Mines is pretty boring really, my name is Gavin hence my screen name of Gavin. I do drive a car though, a silver Vauxhall Astra, maybe I should change my screen name....

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

When I joined, I thought about what I was doing and why I wanted to join the CC Discussion and came up with the idea that I am a traveller just beginning a new journey along a path that so many others have taken, are taking, and are now leading me. 

Michael

I just figured I'd use my last name and location... Wasn't really thinking about it!! Michael, it appears we live in the same city... I'm in Osprey technically, Blackburn Point Road and US 41...

Derin

Husband to Eileen, Dad to Hunter (15) and Sydney (13)
Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

My screen name is just the first letter of my first name and my last name (cause I was so proud to be Tom's wife and share his name) and the numbers are the month and day of my birthday!

mlepp0416 - original eh?

And by the way, it took Tom 4 times to get it right!  The right wife that is!!!  I was his sweetheart waaayyyy back in the day.  But the happiest years in my life and in his were the last 15 years that we shared together.

HUGS,
Margaret

Mine is not exciting at all.  First couple of letters of my maiden name, combined with the first initial of my first and middle name.
My husband works in computer security and is always lecturing me about not being more creative with my usernames/passwords.

Take care everyone!

Susie

Mine is just as creative. Kris is my first name, I joined Comcast internet in 2000 and my last initial is J. Hence kris00j. Being in the creative world, I should have thought about it more, I guess.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

I'm a big Willie Nelson fan. When I started    posting on message boards, my sn was goodheartedwoman. It eventually became goodheartedmommy.

Mine is boring too. Some people call me Ran-Dig-Bee...first name and initials.

Wish I had been more creative and had a better story.  Looking forward to reading everyone's story.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

When I first went on the internet 100 years ago I needed a screen name.  Above my computer desk in the den was a picture of the sister ship of the Titanic leaving Cherbourg France.  "Cherbourg" was at least 8 letters long and had an upper case letter..... Problem solved......lol

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Mine was set up "100 years ago" years ago by our daughter, who thought her parents were to inept for anything but a combination of both names and bithdays!! Little did she know we would still be confused years later as was his/her name first, was it our birthyear, was it his/her bithday first....!!!! LOL!!
Bob. we too are a classic car family. Our baby is a 73 SL Merceds Benz!!
Glad to see some lighter humourous touches to our site!!
Lots of HOPE and prayers-Cathy

Well... I also own a very nice red '67 Mercury Cougar. So... my screen name could have just as easily been 67cougar. That may have spawned some interesting speculation: some may have assumed I was a 67 year old lady on the hunt for a young male companion. Weird...

Love and Blessings to my CC family,
bob

HAHA. Good one Bob. That cracked me up!!!

Take care.
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Well. . .doh!!!  Nothing to explain with DianeC.

Good one Bob!! Nice to laugh on this site once in a while!!
Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Hey Bob, I have a '71 MGB, I am considering a screen name change smile

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Randi-I sold my 75 MG midget after we bought the 73 Mercedes!! My first car was a 72 MG midget it cost $2813.00 brand new. Loved my MG's even if they were always hooked up to a tow truck!!! Sounds like we need a CCCar Club!!

I think that MGB’s were built for the sole purpose of keeping the mechanics in business. But on those rare days – oh how I enjoyed the ride.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

What a great thread!!  My name's Julia but when I was little, I could only say Lulu.  Mum then called me Lupin (inspired by the Lupins outside our front door) which Dad shortened to Lupes.  So Lupes was my father's petname for me.  When I joined, Lupes was too short as a screen name - hence LaLupes (as I'm a girl)!!

Rather tortuous but fun to dissect, as I've never been asked "why LaLupes" before.

Thanks for the laugh!!

(BTW, I have a small Ford Fiesta, which doesn't have a name, but my last car was an old Toyota which, for some unknown reason, I called "Bob")

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love this thread!  It makes me smile everytime some else adds a response.  i reread the others and get a chuckle.

Do any of you remember the first CB radios in the car? I had one and my moniker was "Mother Nature". Don't ask why, I don't know!!! My daughter did a road trip from Milwaukee to Kansas City MO. for my 20th high school reunion. Her name is Robin and she was "Rockin Robin". We had truck drivers taking care of us and we were ok for the whole 13 hours!!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Julia - your screen name background is very sweet.  I thought it had a Spanish flair, but I was way off base.

Thanks, Diane smile

I have recently noticed there are a few "exotic dancers" with "my" name - lol big_smile

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

25 (edited by Darla Thu, 02 Feb 2012 10:32:11)

Just came across this thread.  My name is Darla so hence the screen name. Not much imagination, huh?  So what caught my attention was the talk about MG's.  We had an MGB convertible back in the '70's.  Never drove anything but automatic before then, but learned to shift real quickly.  Driving that adorable little car made it worth the effort.  smile  I have to agree that we made the mechanics happy as it was there more often than on the road, but when it was it was awesome.  When our boys were small we put them in the little space in the back.  No seatbelts back then.  Scary, huh?

Julia, exotic dancer's are using your name?  Interesting.   wink LOL

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.