Topic: Good day! :)

So i treated myself today to an hour massage. I feel so much more relaxed and refreshed! The girl that did it mother in law has lymphoma, so she wasn't freaked out about me having cancer.

It was nice to have some time to myself, as its hard to find with two small kids. haha. ALSO- I will be the big 30 in 10 days (party @ MD Anderson haha).

Please pray we get good news while we are there! I'm totally worried about my spine, I have been having some pains (lower spine). I have talked to Dr. Javle's nurse and they will be doing an X-ray.

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Re: Good day! :)

AHHHHH!, Cindy a Massage sounds soooo good! Big 30? What I wouldn't give to even just double that again!! Are you a valentine baby? My BFF is and she has flaming red hair!!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Tiff:
Try not to worry about the back pains too much. I had bad back pains and I stressed about what they were about... ended up in so much pain I couldn't stand it! I had a bone scan: they found arthritis and in a couple of weeks my back felt so much better! Our minds play terrible tricks on us when we let them. I was worrying (and stressing) about tumors, etc., growing on my spine or it being a symptom of the cancer and "all it is, is arthritis". I know, as I get older the pain will get worse. But for now it's manageable because it isn't related to the cancer!
I'm glad you found some time to pamper yourself. It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I miss getting my massages. I'm afraid of the pressure it would place on the pump, so I've been avoiding them.
I wish I lived close so I could go to MD Anderson and celebrate your birthday with you! The celebration is going to be the great appointment you're going to have! I can just feel it!!
Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Thank you Kris! You totally helped me feel better about the back pain. smile I think we all tend to over think stuff, life is so different when you have cancer. sad
We are hoping to get great birthday news while there, but I am stressed about it! I think about it 24/7.
I hope you are doing good my friend.  smile

Tiff:
I have my next scan on Monday. I'm stressing about it, too, since I haven't had chemo since Nov. The tumor was still shrinking on Dec. 30 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and the prayers going.
I held off on scheduling my resection for a month so my parents hopefully don't have to deal with too much winter. They now live down in AL, too. A little north of Huntsville, and they don't want to deal with snow anymore.  smile
So I'm hoping I win on this roll of the die and the tumor is either stable or still shrinking. I can't wait until April tho, so they are going to have to deal with the tail end of winter. With the winter we've had so far, tho, if it stays like this, they won't mind.
I don't find out the results of the scan until the 13th, also, so it's gonna be a LONG week!
February has started out as such a good month for test results, so we are going to keep up the good news!
Kris

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Your right, it has been a good month for our cc family, i just know it will continue! I will be praying for your scan, its awesome your tumor is shrinking without chemo!!

Where do your parents live at in Alabama? We are from Boaz, its about 1.5 hours from Huntsville. We have been in Huntsville / Meridianville for about 7 years. I hope we don't get any snow, it has been so warm here its crazy (but we have had lots of rain).

Tiff:
They live in New Market. About 1/2 hour from Tenn. They moved there a few years ago. My brother's been down there for about 20 years. He works for Boeing and was transferred there long ago. My parents decided to retire there because the boys were playing lots of sports and my niece was starting her dance "career"!
The next time I visit (probably Christmastime) I'll have to let you know ahead of time and maybe we can meet.
We can celebrate your 31st birthday early and my 49th birthday really late! (I'm in June)
Oh, and the chemo better be working, since I still have side effects!!!  hmm
Kris

KrisJ

I'm just a few minutes away from New Market!! Yes we will get together next time your up!!! Its a small world!!  smile We love being right here at the state line so we can buy lotto tickets. haha

I hope you 2 can meet up, it is great to meet another CC member.  I know meeting Cindy and even taking chemo together has made the road easier.

Grover

It would be nice to meet someone Grover! I have been trying to find someone to meet up with while we are at MD Anderson this month, but no luck yet. That is great you and Cindy have had chemo together. She is a sweet lady, and I love chatting on facebook with her. smile

Tiff and Kris, Sending positive thoughts for great results! Keep up with the pampering; you both deserve it and it will help you relax. Tiff - my son turned 30 on Jan.12th. I wrote on his facebook that I must have been really young when I had him! 1982 was a great year. The years go by quickly as you will see with your little ones! Hugs!
Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Tiff....continue to put out the request on this board. You can't overdue it.
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Will do Marion. If I don't find someone from here, I'm going to be chatting with everyone I see on the 7th floor (GI floor) at MDA. LOL

Tiff... how lucky  for the 7th floor to have you around.  Hopefully though, someone else will be able to connect with you also.
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Tiff: There HAS to be someone else going to MD Anderson. Actually unless it's you, there's another Alabama girl that goes there that was diagnosed last fall. Her mom is friends with my sister-in-law or something like that. (chemo brain makes me forget a lot, not that my memory was great before!) Someone is friends with my sister-in-law and told her about a girl that goes to MD Anderson. But she didn't think her name was Tiffany.
And with 1700+ members, there has to be 1 or 2 that go to MD Anderson or live in the Houston area. Have you done some stalking and looked at the member list?

Kris

KrisJ

Was her name Liza? She is 24 and from north Alabama but she has Fibrolamellar Hepatocellular Carcinoma she also goes to MD. She is only 24. sad I'm going to start stalking the members list and see if I can find someone.

It could be. I don't know the girl's name. And my sister-in-law can't remember it. 24 seems like the right age, tho. But Danisha (my s-i-n) thought it was cc also.

KrisJ