Topic: Want to share good news with people who will understand

I  have been busy planning a fundraiser benefiting ccf. It's a walk/run. We had our first volunteer meeting on saturday and the response was fantastic. I think we had about 30 present and another 30 who volunteered but couldn't be at the meeting. I had a list of major supplies needed, like trucks, generators, sound systems, and tents. I got all of that taken care of. someone asked a friend to donate, and he's sponsoring the event. Us three siblings were paying for it with tax returns, so that is huge. Also, we are getting people already calling with awesome prizes and giveaways like a stay in a cabin in the smoky mountains, cincinnati reds baseball tickets, rounds of golf and store and restaurant gift cards. Most important, though, everyone left the meeting with the passion to raise awareness and spread the word. In the face of darkness, it's so great to have such encouragement.

Oh, and if you saw my daughter's awareness video, someone saw it and anonymously have her $100 to give the foundation. I do know who it was, though, and I'm incredibly touched. It was bella's goal to raise $100.

Re: Want to share good news with people who will understand

Dearest GHM and Bella, there are no words to thank you and not enough words to commend you on what you are doing. It is people like you who are going to be at the forefront of finding a cure and getting the words out about CC. JOB WELL DONE! When is the run, perhaps some CC surviivors in the area would like to attend. I had seen your Bella's video and she is a precious jewel! WOW! You really made my day.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

June 9, lexington, ky.

Hello everyone,

I was diag. 8/17/09, had chemotherapy, I believe 6 sessions.  sad .
I actually tolorated pretty good.
big_smile  To date I am seeing my doc at (Dr. Kim) City of Hope, Duarte, Ca now once a year.
I had a little problem with a cyst in my pancreas, it was removed during an endoscopy and was cancer free, done in June'11.

I do get pain once in awhile, makes me nervous, but everything always turns out just fine.

I feel good and 8/17/12 will be 3 years...There is hope. I volunteer now at The City of Hope

Mary...Oh, I always say if you have a good attitude and believe in prayer, sometimes it helps...it did for me.

LIVE TODAY TOMORROW MAY NOT COME

Goodheartedmommy:
What a great thing! I wish I lived closer. It's a pretty long drive. If I was going to be fully healed from the resection I might have tried to ride my motorcycle down there. I've been to Alabama and back so KY isn't any problem if I'm healthy!  big_smile
I have a friend who wants to have a beef and beer for me, but I think I'll split it with ccf. I just don't know when she's going to have it. My surgery hasn't been scheduled yet, but it's going to be in March (I hope). So I guess we'll wait until late April or early May so I'm feeling up to going. It would be pretty bad to have a beef and beer for me and for me to not show up!
I hope you get lots more responses!
Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

If anyone is interested in sharing their cc story, we'd love to feature pictures and stories at our information table.

goodhearted..I saw the video - it is fabulous. Just want to hug that little one.  I am wondering: are you in touch with Dawn from The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation? 
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I have emailed with her and have talked to Stacie on the phone. I actually called and left a message today with a few more questions. I have filled out the form and printed off the fundraiser info. I want to make sure the event is fabulous so people will come again next year  smile  registration is free (donations only) and the response to that is great. I was thinking we'd get about 250 people, but now I'm thinking it will be more. My dad is a very loved man  big_smile

AND I don't think his daughter fell far from the tree!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

goodhearted.....you are fantastic. Often times I think that it takes the CC community to make the difference because, we can't wait for anyone else to make it happen for us.  WE WANT A CURE.

This fits so well:
"Never think that a small group of committed individuals can't make a difference . . . indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"
                                                                                           - Margaret Mead

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

good hearted... I believe your FB page is Praying for Tim??? It is wonderful what you are doing. When I was first diagnosed, I had to go to "Welocme to your transplant classes", they included everything even how to have a fund raisier, at the time I thought how bizarre, boy was I wrong!! Fund raising raises awareness and you can have the worlds greatest insurance but there is so much expense in being sick. I am a firm believer in "until you walk a mile in there shoes"!!!
I plan to attend and will bring my news paper story that our local bank laminated  and hung in there branch!!!  I would love to help, so just let us know what you need.
I am in the middle of a "scan scare" but I plan on it all being good in a few weeks and being 3 years cancer free for your event!!
Lots and lots of prayers-Cathy

Awesome. our next meeting is 3/17 if you'd like to attend. I know at least one other survivor who will be there. Good luck on your scans. Send me a message here or on facebook and let me know how you'd like to be involved. I'm not sure how far from lex you are. I'd love to have others be part of this.

Hello 6’2…..(is this your height?) congratulations on your nearing the three year mark.  It is the kind of news we love to hear – please, continue to share with us.  We like to celebrate together.
Hugs and love,
Marion

Sounds like you are doing a great job with the fundraiser! Wish I was close so I could participate! Can't wait to see pictures on your site! Your right, your dad is a very loved man! Hugs to all.  Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.