Topic: I'm back and hope to stay here

Hi,
I have not been on this board for some time now.  I have been dealing with the loss of my husband.  It will be 4 months on the 20th of March.  I've had a lot of issues to deal with, grieving has been one, then the loss of my step-children and step-grandchildren.  Now that their Dad and Papa is gone, it appears that they do not want me in their lives.  That is just so sad and not what Tom wanted.  On his deathbed, he asked them all to promise him that they would still include me and not forget about me.  They all promised, but are not upholding that promise.  This alone made me pretty sad.  But I have accepted it and moved on, it is what it is.  I still have contact with a few of those step grandchildren, via Facebook, and the youngest grandson did come out and spend a night with me.  So maybe there is some hope that after they deal with everything, things will return to normal.

I may not post as often as I did before but I will be here.  It's good to be back!
Love and Hugs,
Margaret

Re: I'm back and hope to stay here

Yay Margaret!!!!  Glad you are back. I have missed you and your wisdom. Hey, if some of Tom's family chooses not to stay in contact, it is their loss. Maybe they will come around. Give it some time. It is so nice to hear from you. I'm sure a lot of the new members can use your help and expertise especially with drain problems. I hope everything in your life is becoming more bearable. Take care and hope to talk to you in the future.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Their loss, indeed, dear Margaret.  Welcome back xx

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Hi Maragret,

Great to see you back here! And of course I am looking forward to reading your posts once again!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Well, I'll be dang, Margaret, if you aren't a good sight for sore old eyes!  Good to have you back. Don't worry about anyone else, you have enough to adjust too. Welcome back we have missed our 'drain' expert!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thanks!  I'm adjusting as well as possible to my 'new' normal as Miss Lainy would say!  I think that the saving grace is that I know in my heart of hearts that Tom is in a better place now.  No pain, no cancer, and he has Teddy and all the others to show him the way.

So far the nights have been the worse, but I do have my own loving children and grandchildren to help me through the rough spots.

Love and Hugs,
Margaret

Margaret just remember that Tom and Teddy now watch the Pack with Vince Lombardi. Not sure if you saw my post this morning about finding an apartment and what we found there besides Teddy's approval.  WOW! The little guy is still all around me and guiding me.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Margaret,

I'm glad to see that you're posting again; Tom would be so proud of you.  Do as Lainy says and don't worry about his family.  When they're ready, they'll come around.  If not, then it's their loss.  You were so good to Tom duringI his illness and took such good care of him that his kids should be so thankful that he had you.  Tom is in a much better place now and free of all pain.  I can just imagine him and Teddy together.  Hugs coming your way,  PeggyP

Lainy,

I read your post about the apartment and I'm sure Teddy was giving his approval. You sounded so excited when you described it.  I am so sorry that you are having health problems.  You are such an inspiration to so many on this site.  I love all of your poems and Teddy stories.  Love,  PeggyP

Hi Peggy, and thanks. I need this new start after the 6 year nightmare with Teddy then being sick this whole year and that is why I am so excited and very happy it shows. I will be 72 next month and time to enjoy life again. Heck, where ever I am...Teddy seems to be there too. For the many out there who have had the loss....I still tear at times but who wouldn't after being loved the way I was. Since dynamics change when you are single again, I have surrounded myself with 3 new gal pals and we eat out and at each other's houses and have a blast. We even go to Kareoke. Teddy would want it this way. His kids (in their 50's) are all out of town BUT include me in everything and I hear from the 2 daughters at least twice a week and one of them is very close to my daughter. We have a 2 month old Great Grandson  and each time new pictures are posted we look for Teddy in him...and he is definitely there! I know that I got through this last year by truly BELIEVING! If I believe that Teddy is with me, I can do anything! I am still waiting for my blood cultures to see if I have Crone's or Ulcerated Colitis and PLEASE everyone, get checked up if anything seems to be even a little amiss with your innerds! This became so bad because I didn't! AND most of all switch Doctors if it doesn't feel right, I finally listened to my own advise! Sorry I ran at the posting here and will blame that on the steroids!

Margaret
I've been wondering where you were.  I 'm pleased you are back.

Happy belated Paddy's day.

Gerry