Topic: Life insurance

Anyone know where I can get some life insurance? I'm sure its hard getting while having cancer.

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Re: Life insurance

Check into a state insurance high risk - which is very costly and may not be worth it.  Most life insurance policies have a 2 year clause where you have to live 2 years before they will pay out.  Once you have a cancer diagnosis it is very hard to get life insurance.

good luck,
Margaret

Hi Tiffany,

Look for insurance called "Guaranteed Life Insurance" or "Guaranteed Acceptance Life Insurance". The insurance companies issue these policies without asking any medical questions.

Here's what you can expect:

* These policies are much more expensive than regular life insurance.

* There is usually a waiting period of 2 years. The premiums start right away, but the coverage begins 2 years from the day the policy is issued. If the insured person dies within 2 years, the insurance company refunds the premiums.

* The coverage is usually very limited. 25K or less. Maybe a bit more (50K?) with a longer waiting period. If you want higher coverage, you can buy multiple policies from different insurance companies (but then you will be paying a lot each month).

Good luck,
Eli

Tiff:
I was "downsized" immediately after my surgery so I no longer have life insurance either. I am, however, on ss/disability. It doesn't pay all the bills, but it helps. It was fairly easy: I just put "cancer" all over the application and it was accepted the first time. And there are benefits in case I pass on. I don't believe it covers an entire funeral, but at least it won't stick my family with the bills.
Unlike you, I am no longer married and I do not have children to worry about. But it is a difficult problem.
And you might even be too young for the guaranteed life policies. I know the commercials with Alex Trebeck you have to be 50 and I believe in really small writing on the bottom it says 2 year period.
I hope you find something. If you do, maybe you can post it for others?

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.