Topic: itching

Hi All,

I have been itching and scratching for months.  After trying different medicines and cremes, Dr Fung  decided to try 75mg of Zoloft/day.  I was skeptical but it has really decreased the itching and my scratch marks are started to heal and disappear.

He gave me an article to read entitled, "Pathogenesis and treatment of pruritus in cholestasis."  This link to this article is below.  However, it isn't the entire article and I couldn't find it anywhere else on the internet. 

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/a … 5/art00006

Betsy

Re: itching

Betsy,

I am glad you have found some relief!! All the best to you.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi Betsy,

Thats great that you managed to get some relief from that dreaded itching!!! My dad had the itching too and he hated it! Grrr...... Thanks for letting us know about the cream and thanks also for your link.

My best wishes to you,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thank you, Betsy.  The itching drives my sister CRAZY!!!

I'll tell her about this smile

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson