Topic: Help my mother

My mother 66 is diagonosed CC with stage IV and her bilirubin is not coming down from10.65
dr in india have the opiniun not to go ahead for stents
I ask the board if the is any non invasive tecnique to solve this problem
She amazingly is a very strong character
Kindly send some suggestion

Re: Help my mother

Hi Kothari,

Welcome to the site. I am very sorry to hear about your mother but I'm glad that you have joined us all here as you will get so much support and help from us all. If I may, please can I suggest that you repost on this part of the site and introduce yourself here -

http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb … .php?id=18

That way many more people will see your postings and I know that because of doing so that you will get many more responses and help. Also, please can I ask that you give us all some more information about your mum and her diagnosis and what her doctors have told you so far. The more information that you can give us the better. We are all here for you and we know what you are going through right now.

My best wishes to you and your mother,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

I am sorry that I do not have an answer to your question. I just wanted to say welcome to the site and I hope someone can help you and your dear Mother. All the best.

-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Dear kothari, welcome to our wonderful family but sorry you had to find us and I am very sorry about your Mother. I don't understand why they don't give your Mother stents. Can you share a little more information with us so we may be of help?

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thanks for caring Lainy
As per the Doc here in Mumbai India, since the bilirubin is too high the cannot go ahead for chemo process
For stents there are chances for infection
In that case it would be better if we dont do anything
we are really in great trauma as to how to face her confirmed death

kothari....I am sorry to hear of your Mom's diagnoses however; I am rather puzzled by the decisions of the physicians not to provide relief to your Mom via stenting.  Is stenting considered to be palliative in your Mom's situation?  The reason for my question is based on the numerous conversations I had with doctors from your country - that there is no palliative care for patients.  I would seek out the opinion of another physician.  You must be very aggressive in your approach, as this disease is difficult to control in its progression.  Please, stay in touch.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER