Topic: FINALLY!

Just wanted to let my CC family know that I'm FINALLY getting an MRI for my left knee.  It has been very swollen for about 8 months now.  Started in August of last year.  I went to urgent care as the knee and the entire leg was very swollen.  I was checked for Baker's Cust, Arthritis, Gout, Psuedo Gout, Bloot clot...all negative.  Then doc's did not seem to care.  I went back to my PCP and he sent me to a 'quack' orthopod.  All that doc did was give me a shot in the knee and suggested PT.

I told him I had a terminally ill husband at home and could not take time for PT and besides I walk 4 miles a day and what good was PT when he did not know what was wrong with the knee?  I suggested an MRI but he just poo-pooed that idea.  Without an MRI how could he know WHAT was wrong and how could he know that PT would help.  Answer = fired that doc!

Scheduled another appointment with another Doc who is reputed to be very good w/knees.  Wasn't in his office 5 min. - he touched the knee in one place and said 'hummm, I think it's a torn meniscus' (which is what I've been saying all along) and then 'and you have NOT had an MRI?'  That was last week, and I go in at 1pm for my MRI.  If it is a torn meniscus, I will need surgery to repair it.  He also could not believe that the other docs never even attempted to drain the fluid from my knee.  He says I have over a 1/2 soda can of fluid on the knee.

Just goes to show - If you don't like the opinoin of a doctor GO GET A SECOND OPINOIN!  Not just with CC but with anything!!

Love and hugs,
Margaret

Re: FINALLY!

Margaret you are soooo right! Get that can of soda out of there and cure the kneesels! You were meant to find this new Doctor! Best wishes on the MRI.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

You poor girl. I am glad you got a second opinion and now can get it taken care of. Whatever has to be done, I wish you a speedy recovery. Take care, Margaret.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Results of MRI = Torn Menscisus- On Monday the 16th (my 60th Bday) I wll find out how the doctor wants to proceed.

Hugs,
Margaret

Hi Margaret,  Glad you have a diagnosis! Hope the solution is easy. Hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

Hi Margaret,

Thats great that you have got the results of the MRI. Hopefully now your docs will be able to get on and get this fixed. I hope that it all goes well.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.