Topic: Sat down at 12.30ish to have my lunch today.....

Tea brewed, toast all browned and buttered well and I sit down to have my lunch in front of the tv. As soon as I sit down I hear this loud smashing sound coming from outside in my street. So, knowing what can happen round here I run to the window and what do I see......Some young guy smashing up a car with a baseball bat!

Obviously this was a planned attack against the owner of the car as he was wearing a hoodie and had his face covered with a scarf, and it was the only car targetted. He spent about 30 seconds or so smashing the car with his bat before jumpining into a waiting getaway car to make his escape. The car was pretty wrecked, all windows smashed, sides, back and front. Bodywork all dented and the lights and mirrors trashed too. All of this in broad daylight in the middle of the day with people here seeing from their flats what was going on.

Ther police turned up about 10 minutes later but he was long gone only to find glass and bits of car all over the street. Never a dull moment around here, but moments like that I can do without!!

Hugs to you all,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Sat down at 12.30ish to have my lunch today.....

Gavin, that's awful!! It's the specific "targeting" I would find so unnerving. I hope the street's settled down again xx

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

WOW! Gavin you don't need TV on with a live show in progress! Like Jerry Seinfeld once said, "People, they are the worst!" Makes one wonder what is going on in the World today. What's worse is your toast and tea got cold!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Ha! Yep, no live tv needed here, just look out of the window every now and again! At least the druggies round at mums are lonnnng gone and have not been back! Yes Julia the street has calmed down now and the battered car has been taken away. At least with it being a targeted attack I know that it must have been down to an issue between the owner of the car and the attacker, or at least beteween the owner of the car and whoever paid the attacker to attack the car. My guessing would be that it is drug related or something to do with drug money owed etc. My car was at the bottom of the street thankfully!!

And yes Lainy, my tea and toast got cold! Grrrrr........

Got another story to share from this week too. Picked up my mums prescription from the chemist on Wednesday, 12 bottles of Procal drinks which mum takes 30ml of 3 times a day. Anyway, I leave the chemist with the the drinks and some druggie was in getting his daily methadone fix at the same time. I got about 40 yards up the road and the druggie is behind me shouting to me and comes running up behind me. So I stop and he asks me to sell him some of the bottles of Procal that I have for my mum. Says that he can't eat any food right now etc etc and he will give me £1 a bottle for my mums drinks!!! I won't post exactly what I said to him, but he got the gist of what my answer was! Told my mum what had happened and she was shocked. It's one thing for people like that to harrass me who will tell them to beat it, but no doubt they would do the same to an elderly person who would quite rightly feel very intimidated and scared by them. Major grrrrrrr..............

Just another day in Dundee!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Not the best week for you Gavin! Hope you see something positive over the Easter weekend to restore the faith in humanity! Hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.